Not to make a big deal of it.

Best wishes for a quick and complete recovery with the constant pain only a bad memory from here on :+1:

Phil

Dale, let Mother Nature (and your wife) do their work. Don’t rush them.
Take your time. We won’t go anywhere without you. Bless you.

Good Luck ! Chronic Pain is no laughing matter, really hope you get some relief

I just came across this thread.
I take it Dale went in for a mod? :slight_smile:

All the best

Giddyupp DALE !!! :+1:

:beer: Dale!
On a good recovery!

All the best, Dale.

wishing you a speedy recovery, Dale, and a return to a life without pain - best wishes

raynman

Hope you get better soon Dale!

Hope you feel better soon! Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery!

That’s great to hear!
Thanks for the update robo819

Yes Dale posted again so now hopefully he gets better soon;

I messaged him yesterday and he had finally been able to get several hours of sleep at a time thanks to his pain killers, laz-y-boy recliner, and the help of his wife. I told him that there is a lot of folks here at blf hoping and praying for him to get some relief. Chronic pain like he has been dealing with is absolutely debilitating, hopefully when he heals up from this surgery he will have found some relief.

Best wishes on a rapid recovery Dale

Thanks everybody, really appreciate it.

Deterioration of dscs from C2 C7 has been going on since the late 80’s. Recently an attempt to prune new growth on trees that were rubbing against the house (3/25/17) caused the disc at C5 to pinch my radial nerve where it exits the spinal cord. Three months of “hot wire” feelings from this nerve the length of my left arm and into the thumb has bee intense.

Initially the surgeon was seeing the damage at C5 and wanted to fix it with a Ti plate, bit after postponing and lookind deeper he decided 5,6,7 all needed to be addressed. In a way this is good as the fusion will be more robust an dless likekly to have issues.

So I have this nice c-collar to wear for a while till the bones and titanium fuse well, then all should be back to normal. So far the damaged radial nerve is unaware that measures have been taken all in good time though and the very idea of having this beautiful blue anodized chunk of Ti like a cervical shield reenfrcing me forevermore puts a grin on my goofy face.

All typing done on an original ipad, sorry for the typos…these things are aggravating!

Wife hid the bronze bar that arrive recently to keep me off the lathe… I’ll find it, and those little trit vials too! :smiling_imp:

Hang in there man! I know it will get better.

Welcome back Dale. Hopefully everything will settle down quickly. So do they do this surgery by keyhole?

Knowing your fondness of Ti stuff, the surgeon gave you a Ti EDC-device. Treat it with care. And take care of yourself.

Steve, if that’s what they call it it’s one honkin big key!

Gotcha. Ouch. :+1: