NOVA MM15 - any switch issues?

I recently got a NOVA MM15 (manu listing here: NOVA MM15) - great compact flood light, output specs listed by the manufacturer seem to be legit as tested by me and selfbuilt (CPF -Nova-MM15-(2xMT-G2-4x18650)-SHIPPING-Review-RUNTIME-BEAMSHOTS), obviously gets warm fast, HKE has a great deal on it now here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/26319#comment-588534.

Wondering for any other owners, are you have e-switch problems, where it sounds and feels like it clicks but nothing happens? I've found if I press harder, it's much better, but the distinct sound and feel of the switch activating is no guarantee the switch got engaged.

I have a few other e-switch lights, and some may occasionally do this, but this light regularly does it. Wondering if this is common with e-switch, or the MM15 specifically.

No problems here, and I’ve had two of them. Sold the one I bought from Vihn54 and am currently keeping the one from HKE. On both of them the switches are fine with a very distinct click action.

Hey Tom, I had a slightly different intermittent problem happening with mine. When I’m holding down turbo, it suddenly cuts out. It seems my press had to be really centered on the button. I noticed that the ring securing the button wasn’t fully screwed in so the ring sat slightly higher than the button. So I gave it a turn and now they are pretty much flush with each other. I just did this recently and so far so good.

Interesting. I'll check out the ring on the switch on mine. Good to hear some units are operating fine.

yes ive encountered same problems with my switch , but not too often.
i do find it that you have to have a heavy thumb or presss directly in the center.
if you move your thumb while your momentary turbo, itll cut off.
really sensitive and picky switch

Sounds like same exact problem as mine - you need a heavy thumb, like you are saying. I could probably deal with it, but when you think about it, how can you give this to someone else to use? Anyone, family or friend - it would be a frustrating experience to say the least.

Dang - good idea CRX. Might be something that simple - didn't look at the switch yet.