O-L's Beam shot thread, Or BS thread! - Or, some mods to come, with before and after beam shots. UPDATED 03/17/15

I do not know where the reflector came from. It is the EL light. I have tried contacting Wayne, but he didn’t answer. I would think he probably got them from a USA source, but I do not know. The reflector is about 92mm at the top and about the same depth, but I have not actually measured it. It is a plastic reflector. It is a metal reflector. Sorry about that.

Here is one link to them.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Luminus-reflector-optic_113357988.html

Thanks. It looks real good and would go as far to say its the best I've seen.

Well, I found the reflector here. It's the exact one I believe.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Luminus-reflector-optic_113357988.html

It is the best. I had nothing to do with it. That is the reflector Wayne picked for his original SST-90 led in the ST90 light. It’s a great one.

Here's another link to the same reflector. I think I want to buy one and have someone build a light around it, LOL.

http://www.illuminationmachines.com/products.php?id=9&catId=1

ooo great old lumens what a nice work you always do.
you color Always my day on this dark whinternights

03/07/15 JAX Z1 Mod

In the bottom of Post #2.

Can’t wait to see that outdoors! (well, indoors….)

i like that Z1, cant wait to see that

More photos in the 2nd Post. The BTU Shocker and the SP03 are both done.

Is that JAX Z1 Mod a zoomie? I have found if you remove the cover over the emitter it removes that ringyness…might be different on that light but ouch that nice pretty ring of light around the emitter…bleh

Still incredible mod O-L…keep it up!!!

Hi Steve

Yes same optic, I have tried it on the XHP70 and it works beautifully

Steve, did you say you have some of these big reflectors coming from Illumination Machines? I’ll have a few extra to part out in the next day or so if anyone’s interested. Should be here tomorrow (Thursday)

Wouldn’t you know it? The preparation on the light to modify it has it doing better than ever, 645Kcd for 1606.24M (1756.6 yd) Not sure I can mess that up now. lol

Well I have egg on my face. I have ordered as Dale suggested from overseas. Damn. Not happy Jan.

The two you linked at Cutter are not the same as the one Wayne at Elektrolumens uses from Illumination Machines. The diamond pattern is very pronounced, which is why it works so well with the quad die on the XHP70

True but ours are illumination machine reflectors and they do work mighty well on the XHP70

I am betting any decent diameter reflector that is faceted, will work well on the multi-die leds. They always did back when the MC-E was king. I just got some of the Ledil 50mm Mirella reflectors in, so it’s Maglite testing time. I got four of them and all four are different, so it will hopefully be a good test.

So, welight is Cutter? Any way to overcome the shipping costs? Love to buy, but it's just too darned expensive to have it shipped. Kinda like trying to ship out of the US, just impossibly expensive.

Thats us, I know DHL is exp, but our mail service is around $12, not free but not outrageous

welight. Would it be possible to get better pictures with dimensions you can read on the linked reflectors above. I feel so stupid in not contacting you originally when I had trouble making out what they were. It did not even enter my mind.

I'd suggest if you want items from Cutter to put a list together and then contact welight directly for shipping costs. I dont mind anyone hassling him/her as long as I'm not getting hassled. My wife does a good enough job, better than most when I think about it.