Off to college, thank you BLF!

Hi,

That (the last paragraph) IS a very good point! My wife always reminds me that everytime we go over there (Korea), we all lose weight, probably because of all of the walking and up-and-down-up-and-down on the subway stations.

carnegy melon really?

will you do regular paying full price, no budget deals :D, or got some partial scholarship?

Somehow I also felt that too, argh I will go Korea again to lose some weight LOL, maybe later, food first :bigsmile:

You're gonna get real busy. Probably won't see you around here much at times, but it's for a good cause. Best wishes and keep us posted on your progress.

Bro…YOU made you who you are! The community just peaked your interest

Congrats man…work hard, study hard, party later…sure have fun but buckle down and shine above the rest

Most cool that you will be able to become the next flashlight super guru and have access to all that cool manufacturing hardware, remember the little folks when you become the “Bill Gates” of flashlights :stuck_out_tongue:

Try your best to NOT bury yourself in debt…biggest thing with kids these days is coming out of college with very little prospects for work and MOUNTAINS of debt, but if you are creme de la creme of your studies you might get snatched up by companies looking for the best of the best :wink:

Door of opportunity is opening of you…choose to step thru it :slight_smile:

Congratulations Ryan and all the best for the studies.

Awesome! CMU would be an excellent place to feed your flashlight modding addiction! :stuck_out_tongue:

In all seriousness, study hard, and have a great time. If your contributions here are any indication of how you are, I’m confident you’ll do incredibly well.

By the way, I think I spotted you on OCN the other day! It’s good to see another BLF member there!

All the best! You seem like a very clever guy.

You have a bright future ahead of you. (pun intended)

Best of luck, Ryansoh. Hope you meet up with other excited young minds. Second WarHawk and Dbcstm, my all time favorite diet was 2 BFJ’s and a milk from Unknown Jerrome’s(best cookies ever). I could have them whenever I wanted to ride the 5 miles to get them. They’re gone and for some reason I’m riding less. :weary:

Another OCN’er over here, just haven’t been active for a few months. I thought your name looked familiar.
Maybe you will come over to purdue for your masters/PhD :slight_smile:

Best wishes for your time in the USA Ryan.
Stay focused !

congratulation

Best wishes and congratulations, but you can’t leave Korea before we get reports of exploding batteries on rooftops

Congratulations, Ryan! You’ve really contributed a lot to the community! I have one more year of high school left before I go off to college, but I can’t really imagine spending four years going to school in a different country. Good for you!

Enjoy your time!

And if you get a chance, make a trip down to blisteringly hot Hell the South! We’ll load you up with BBQ and let you sweat it all back out!

Oh, and don’t let those Tennessee boys trick you in to thinking they serve real BBQ…everybody whose anybody knows real BBQ is Texan mesquite-smoked goodness.

That’s the coolest news. Oh my! My friend Ryan, you are such a cool guy you deserve all the education you are aiming for….BLF and all of us are just around…really great news.

Good luck with u!! ryansoh3

Following in the footsteps of another great BLF member ... Don who spent time in Pittsburg as well.

When you get here ... look west . We'll keep the light on for you .

Wow I woke up, took a shower, and ate lunch with my roommate-to-be (and a very close friend) and here I’m inundated with these heart warming posts. Thank you all!!

Thank you, it’s not going to be easy, but hey, I’m learning what I love! Thanks again.

Too much pressure! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d love to make my own flashlights, but I hope I don’t stay at the machine shop all day long. I’m really pumped. :slight_smile:

감사합니다.
혹시 국내에 계시나요? 커피 한잔 하시겠어요? :smiley:

Yup, I’m definitely going to miss the transportation here. Subways and buses take you anywhere in Seoul.

I’m on Financial Aid, so that definitely brings down the tuition to a manageable level, although the rest is loaned.

Definitely some coffee when you visit! :slight_smile:

Thanks mate! It will indeed get very busy but I’ll try my best to stick around here.

Thanks a lot for your kind words. I had no idea about my major… until I met BLF! It’s such an awesome place and I wanted to thank everyone for the cozy and snug environment. The dept issue is a good point. It’s amazing how I could afford all these flashlights and lasers while I was in middle and high school but dealing with online transactions at such an early age made me more financially aware. 0:)

Thanks MRsDNF!! Love your mods, keep them coming. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the +rep. I was having trouble figuring which BLF member it was until now.
I’m really interested in making my own drivers, and maybe developing a GUI that everyone can use to program their own MCU’s. :slight_smile:

Thanks sunnycoaster. I remember I joined BLF for your giveaway and you were kind enough to PM me that I needed more posts. Thanks again for bringing me here, I really appreciate it. :slight_smile:

Thanks mate! I really love your mods, always inspiring. I’m dying to get my hands on US treats, although we do have Costco we don’t visit there too often.

Yay OCN! When I have enough $$ I’ll have to do an insane computer build… LN2 anyone? XD

Thanks again! :slight_smile:

Thanks!!

Yeah the batteries haven’t arrived yet, not sure why it’s taking so long. But I’ll definitely do it when they arrive.

Hey thanks! Good luck with your senior year and finish strong. :slight_smile:

Hahaha I’m dying for some good barbecue. Should have gone to UT instead! :smiley:

Thanks tatasal, you’ve been awesome. PM reply incoming. :slight_smile:

Thanks Neal. PM reply incoming. :slight_smile:

You must go on at least one panty raid.

Good luck with it. School, I meant school.