Off to college, thank you BLF!

Hey all,

Some of you were quite surprised that I was “just” a highschooler bitten by a flashlight bug. How old are you?

I’m happy to announce that I’ll be off to college this fall in Pittsburgh, hoping to major in Electrical and Computer Engineering with a possible double-major in Computer Science.

I just wanted to thank you ALL for making me who I am. My passion for electronics solidified when I met a bunch of warm-hearted members who created a cozy environment where I could spend my time instead of mindlessly browsing the web or being addicted to games.

Special thanks to Flomotion, DBCstm, tatasal, and sb56637 as well as everyone else who made BLF what it is.

I’ll be able to participate in US-only giveaways (woohoo!) and check out the machine shop in the university. While I’ll be much busier than before, I still expect to hop on BLF every couple of hours and I’ll be synced with the majority of sleep patterns here.

Timely 3000th post!

-Ryan

Good luck with your study in USA.

A couple years ago I went down a similar path, went to university studying computer science. I did not like it though, it just wasn't what I wanted to do. So I dropped out halfway through my first year and became and apprentice fitter and turner instead.

Now I work in a machine shop all day and I love it. Getting paid (even if it's apprentice wages) to do something you love is awesome.

I hope you enjoy what you will be doing.

good luck in pittsburg, too bad you did’t come to Purdue University(best engineering school in country :laughing:

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I was accepted there too but it was a very tough choice, trust me!

I visited four of my top choices during the middle of the school year but they were all good so made it even harder. :open_mouth:

I wish you the best of luck here in the USA. Enjoy your stay :)

Thanks a lot, hope I don’t gain too much weight. :party:

Well brother, with all the good food here it's kind of hard not to gain weight.. lol! But you're young. It probably wont be an issue for you :)

Best of luck!

Youll be within hours of a few dozen of us BLFers now :slight_smile:

Woo-hoo, BLF is back online.
Thanks for the kind words!

Best of luck with your studies ryansoh3! Be sure to also visit the Great White North if you have the chance!

Thanks! I’ve always wanted to visit Canada. :slight_smile:

Wow, congrats (I think :laughing:, Ryan :)!!

CMU?

Congratulation to you and I really envy you to have such opportunity. :slight_smile:

Yup, CMU. :slight_smile:
Thanks!

Thank you. I’m very thankful to my parents for this kind of education.

Good luck in the US of A, Ryan. It sounds like your studies will go fine!

Although I'm happy living in the Netherlands, I'm jealous of you being able to buy flashlight related stuff so easy locally now

I know you’re gonna blow their doors off as you’re one of the smartest people I know, bar none (age not considered)

Hope you have the time of your life, stay away from those femme fatales as they ruin your focus! :wink: (take that as any of 3 different jabs. :wink: )

And hey, a guy’s gotta eat right? So make sure your classes are on opposite sides of the campus so you’ll have to run to get there on time, thereby getting your excercise while you hump all those big books around. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks djozz! I will certainly miss the flashlight community here in Korea.
Hopefully I’ll have access to some of the wonderful DIY modding stuff like Greased Lightening and sweet Home Depot deals.

Thanks Dale, I had a good laugh reading your post. I really appreciate your kindness as well as your photo skills.
I’ll lug my trusty DSLR around and continue to pursue photography skills. Thanks for the engaging PM’s too. :slight_smile:

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy your new era in the U.S. and will go well studies

You ARE the future, and we’ll be counting on you to bring active cooling to the world of Mega Throw Hot Rod flashlights. :slight_smile:

I am really looking forward to my first BLF RSO 2 mile 23A single emitter Blast-O-Light!

(Edit: Are you also going to be making better cells? Just sayin, someone has to right?)

(Edit II: Hydrogen Fuel Cell 47,000 lumen flashlight? Hmmmm….)

Congratulation Ryan!

Good luck in The States, feel very happy for you!

진심으로 축하합니다!
라이언 화이팅! :wink: