Official East Coast Snow Storm Thread

Here in the Adirondacks of New York the storm is going to miss us completely. It’s been an unusual winter here. Normally this time of year we have feet of snow. We have maybe 8 inches. We also had the first green Christmas I can recall. Very unusual.

I’m in Maryland. We have 24+ inches already, still snowing. That’s in less than 24 hours.

That’s a lot of snow in a day! Lots of town and county snow plows from up here in the Adirondacks were sent your way Thursday to help clear the streets. You’re going to run out of places to put all that snow!

I know! It’s great.

I’m really hoping work is shutdown through Tuesday. I’m one of those bums who gets paid either way, so I love it when the large parking lots can’t be cleared :stuck_out_tongue:

I am now in Virginia ,Virginia Beach and I ain’t used to this,I called my wife and she told me that it’s in the mid 70s and I am outta place line a 3 tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

In central Connecticut is JUST started to flurry at 1:15PM

Me to ! The kids get kinda aggravating though....

we have about 2-3 inches here in western CT - it started snowing around sunrise this morning, but its really just been blowing around and not accumulating much…. took the subaru out and went out for brunch with no problems :slight_smile:

Measuring tape shows 31 Inches now.

Woot

Over 26 inches at the Harrisburg airport, new record!

Don’t know what I have in my yard as it is drifting around but over 2 feet for sure.
Be Safe!
Keith

Same here, over 31”! Still snowing, but looks like it’s going to stop soon.

The wind is starting to really pick-up though

4 to 5 inches on the coast
Snow has stopped but wind is still blowing it around

went for little walk….bad idea it was

Weird thing in our parking lot is that the center shows exposed pavement… and then there’s drifts of snow completely covering cars. The wind sure made this a peculiar blizzard. Didn’t bother shoveling today, since the snowfall is expected to continue into early Sunday morning. Oh well… can’t complain given the warm temps we had in December.

At least torches will be running cooler, or you’ve handy hand warmers :wink:

So sorry for you guys. That stuff is miserable to function in, even if it is seasonably pretty. And here we southerners are with just low 30s at nights and warming up to mid 50s. Spoiled, I guess.

If you think you're spoiled...

Snow’s a pain, but the aftermath can be beautiful, sometimes:

Stay safe, everybody :)!!!