OFFICIAL Group Buy UF-1504, UF-1504 host, UF-1405, tail switch, 26650 batteries DISCOUNT CODES EXPIRED!!!!!!!!

I have the idea that these group buys that incorparate special BLF wishes influence the manufacturers a bit, they will make better flashlights in the future. That is why I like to join them.

LOL you are killing me . I was also unpleasantly surprised with left thread orientation :)

I don't see any problem with switch except I personally prefer forward clicky.

I did know that the emitter wasn’t on a noctigon; pretty obvious if it is or isn’t. I figured I would be replacing the emitter eventually so I said “what the hell.”

The emitter looks just fine, surprisingly. Little gold wires are intact, phosphor looks the exact same as when I dedomed it… looks like I’ll have to tear it back apart to figure out what the problem is.

Just checked the emitter with a multimeter and its dead meat. Looks like I’m in the market for an emitter on noctigon. What do you guys recommend? Definitely going to dedome it again and I’d like it to fit into the stock retaining ring that came on the light.

+1

See my LED tests here

Just saw it. Awesome work man!

Anyone disassembled their 1405? I need to change this driver from 5 to 1 mode only and boost the current!

Good luck finding a high output driver. I put a XP-E2 torch in one I sold to a friend. It had a 2.4A buck driver in it. I’m working on building a 4A driver from RMM but haven’t had a chance to finish yet

Since this is fat flashlight with plastic tube which allows some space could he connect 2x18650 in parallel inside tube somehow? That way he would not be limited to buck driver.

Yeah, he could make some form of a battery sled than is wired parallel but that would be an easy thing. Possible, but it would require some planning and work

Keeppower code expired, I already reminded GB here.

And the pic of UF-1405 driver:

Second light arrived today, was hoping it would have the insert for led holding but no joy, so im in for two please, is there a process? I can pay by paypal for postage if you can PM me details N10Severn, thanks again for a very patiently conducted group buy :slight_smile:

Thread on the LED retaining rings can be found here

There is a lot of info to read here and figure ill just post that damn question

What does the pill hold? 16mm mcpcb? 17mm driver?

Is there a 18650 holder included?

The price says $24.94 @ gearbeast, will that price change soon or, what is the group buy benefit?

Correct, its a 16mm mcpcb, a 17mm driver & yes there is a 18650 holder included.

Both of my pills came with off center emitter holes, and I think they are very tight fit with XP16 noctigons. I would like to see at least 1mm of free walk around emitter(17 or 17,5mm instead of 16) which would be useful for IR builds which must be isolated from ground.

Not if you use a Bergquist PCB :wink: that’s what I use, but I only push them to around 1.4A

You would not believe but I tested and got better results with noctigons. And I will give you hint here... It is not quite true that you cant measure light intensity of IR light on lux meter. It will give some numbers at small distances( 2-5cm of diffuser). So U must put spacer on diffuser here and test tight press bergquist vs isolated noctigon. I got 500 for berquist and 800 for noctigon both driven at same current(1,75A). But that results told me an unquestionable win of noctigon over bergquist.

I don’t doubt it. I was just giving you crap for fun. I don’t fool with IR enough to have a say. It was just a hassle to isolate everything so I went bergquist and artic silver. What are you using between the pcb and pill? The ones I have built have been in T20’s and the people have been happy so far.