OFFICIAL Group Buy UF-1504, UF-1504 host, UF-1405, tail switch, 26650 batteries DISCOUNT CODES EXPIRED!!!!!!!!

I realized that it could be modified to work, so i removed my switch board question, but you had already replied, i guess my ninja edit wasnā€™t fast enough :wink:

Thanks for the link :slight_smile:

No problem

Or you can just use one of the boards from Oshparkā€¦ Same thing as the contact boards except wight designed them for higher current than your average contact board.

Oh yeah, glad that somebody has mentioned about it when I forgot.

Yes, you have to be sure that you wire the contact board correctly by following the way as shown in the link, otherwise short circuit could happenā€¦ and bad things happen because of thatā€¦

Hey Nitro, did your 1504ā€™s arrive ? I am itching to hear/see some news on them :slight_smile:

He got them :slight_smile: check out the What you got today thread post #7457

Please put me down for a complete light. No preference on emitter.

Thanks!

will it be available for sale extension tube for use 2x26650 ?

I donā€™t believe so.

They havenā€™t said anything about an extension tube with or for the host, but we know Gearbest is keeping tabs on this thread & we know the 1405 has the needed tube.

So i hope they are listening, because i want one & more with me, we know they can do it if they want to.

If they buy in some 2x26650 tubes when they fix the 1504 host kits, they have some extra extension tubes sure sales :wink:

saw this this morning on aliexpress, seller selling the 1504ā€™s with Oslon 850nm IR light led
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/UF-1504-Uniquefire-Zoomable-LED-Flashlight-torche-67mm-convex-lens-5-mode-850nm-IR-LED-torch/1332616_32307885331.html

yeah but for $45

UPDATE 3-27-2015 I have been on Skype with Gearbest tonight. After a lot of push back from the company, they have finally agreed to sell the host. Initially they said they would, then they changed and said their company was worried about selling the host and would only sell the complete light. Now, they have now agreed again to sell the host and Gearbest is willing to offer it for sale if we can get 100 people to commit. The price is more than Gearbest and I had initially anticipated, but it has been difficult dealing with the company.

Hosts with a brass pill with be $24 shipped from Gearbest if 100 are reserved. I KNOW THIS PRICE WILL LIKELY CHANGE HOW MANY HOSTS YOU WANT SO PLEASE POST AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU WISH TO REMAIN ON THE HOST LIST, IF YOU WANT TO BE REMOVED, OR CHANGE YOUR NUMBER.

Stay tuned because there may be another update in the next week.

Iā€™m interested for one host. So there will be no AR coating on the lens ?

Minus 2 host for me if price is confirmed at $24.

remove me from the group buy, Iā€™ll find this somewhere else

Oslon 4715s cost more than 15$ per piece with shipping from RS and others :)

But 24 $ host + brass pill is very nice price you got there. Well done!
Hardly wait for this...

Edit: I really don't get those GB guys... I am pretty sure if they take 200 pcs that they will sell them before end of the summer... So why they afraid? That is sure thing...

I'm still in.

yes i got mine and i like them matter of fact i sent one of the off to one of my machinist to have a copper pill made besides brass,im thinking on powering a SBT-70 in it :)

as for the host i do hate the large knob to "focus" the beam and the edges of it feels sharp, the lens is deep so u can head stand it :)

more to come soon

No AR coating. Very few people do AR coating on aspherical lenses. Poor AR coating can actually block light. Aspherical lenses are not the best at light throughput and I honestly donā€™t trust the company to use a high quality coating, which would just further reduce the output.

Changed. Yes price is confirmed at $24 for the host

Removed. Good luck.

You can get the Oslons for about $10, but regardless most people donā€™t have a need for it. If you take away the $10 Oslon IR LED and $2 driver, you are left with a $33 host.
Although $24 is more than I expected for the host, it is not unreasonable. The cheapest you can find the 1405 is right at $30. There is no difference between the 1405 and 1504 other than a shorter tube which probably doesnā€™t even add up to $1 in materials differences. Figure a Convoy host is about $10, and the 1504 has much more raw materials and machining. Add in the brass pill, shipping to Gearbest, and shipping from Gearbest to us. Plus Gearbest has to make some money to cover employee time adding it to website, inspecting items, stocking items, packaging items to ship, warehouse overhead, etc.

Nitro paid approximately $30 per host. So this is a $6 savings including the brass pill.

As far as stocking it regularly, if you check Gearbest offers very few if any hosts. I think this is kinda new for them so I can understand their hesitancy. We want hosts, but a majority of their customers do not. Majority rules, so they are worried about being stuck with stock that doesnā€™t sell.