OFFICIAL Group Buy UF-1504, UF-1504 host, UF-1405, tail switch, 26650 batteries DISCOUNT CODES EXPIRED!!!!!!!!

Use code ‘’MAXY’’ and you will get 28.30. Though it won’t work for host - price goes higher.
My google fu tells me that full flashlight was listed for 27,53 USD at Gearbest at some point… Might it be possible groupbuy price?

is there any review of this flashlight anywhere, that would show details about how the pill & Driver section is made?

?
The pill is a screw-pill.

Just add some thermal paste into the thread and your hand will catch fire soon :stuck_out_tongue:

If there’s nothing more special about this “deal” than the brass pill, that is not a deal for me…

I mean the driver press-fit into the pill.

For a single emitter flashlight, show me one source that tells you that a brass pill performs worse than an aluminium one.

( :tired: there is some persistent myth that it makes a noticable difference if a pill is made from brass, aluminium or copper, while what real evidence there is tells you that the bottleneck in the heatpath from led to shell just is not there but at the led-mcpcb junction. i.e. if there is traffic jam on a sandy path, it does not really matter if further down the road there is a B-road or a motorway.)

There is a review of the 1405 here. I think it’s safe to assume the pill design would be the same, and it does appear to be press-fit.

So - based on that comment, a brass pill with a soldered-in MCPCB has no benefits, too :wink:

@pilotdog:

This looks like there is at least a brass Ring press-fitted into the aluminum, because you can see some soldering from the driver to the pill.

Maybe, but I think brass is much easier to work with in general. I would still choose a brass pill even if it is a tiny bit worse than aluminum thermally.

Yeah i saw that too. Maybe Nitro or someone with a 1405 can chime in on that.

no, it is just perfectly convenient and elegant. No hassle with thermal paste, and you can leave out the ledboard retaining ring that causes an artifact halo in the beam.

Has someone actually tested the benefits of this? Soldered mcpcb vs standard screw and thermal paste approach?
I’d be interested in that kind of test if it’s been done.

I agree - for soldering in the driver, aluminum is not the material you want to have - but everything else is nearly the same or worse with brass.

It’s heavier, more expensive, corrosive and has worse thermal conductivity.

If we could get this light with an aluminum pill + press fitted brass ring for the driver into it…

Anyway… I don’t really care, I have a lathe and what I don’t like about the pill will be changed :stuck_out_tongue:

yep, it appears as the driver is soldered to a retaining ring, which is press fit into the aluminum pill, which is screw fit into the flashlight. I find that acceptable.

but of course, there is no guarantee that the actual 1504 driver-pill setup will be identical, it’s probable, but not certain.

I have just asked them the above questions directly on there website. I'll post back here if I get a response.

How much better is the XM-L2 for this 1504 v. the XM-L for the 1405 that I already have two of? Is it worth buying the 1504 just to get the XM-L2? Will I be happier?

Here is deals Machine 1405 XM-L*2* for $21.49.
UF 1405 XM-L2

$9.98 for US shipping kills the deal.

Deals Machine has UF-1504 host for $18.22 with free shipping!!!

Are they the same company as Gearbest?

Confirming —- I’m still in for one host. Thanks!

Wow, great price, but the same questions from above do apply. What is included in their version of a “host”?

I hope we get confirmation whats included before this deal runs out.

The say product weight 0.485 kg, could those who have the host weight theirs, it should weigh less than 0.485kg because they don’t have a brass pill, and if theirs weight more then 0.485kg we know that the lens & pill could be missing.

The alibaba page says the complete light weight 472g with the IR led, including mcpcb, led, glass lens, aluminium pill & driver + wires.

To me that sound like this host could be everything included…….any thoughts on my reasoning?