OFFICIAL Group Buy UF-1504, UF-1504 host, UF-1405, tail switch, 26650 batteries DISCOUNT CODES EXPIRED!!!!!!!!

Officially the chinese symbol for Brass is 黄铜, for Copper it is 铜. The second symbol is the same. So sometimes maybe they don’t write both symbols or the translation software doesn’t work right, it happens a lot but I don’t think it’s intentional.

In regards to the full host being sent vs just a few parts, I am inclined to to give GB the benefit of the doubt. They don’t have a reuputation for intentionally screwing people over, and this isn’t the first host they’ve done. The listing may just not be finalized/complete yet.

edit: It is a little strange that the pictures for the full light clearly show the lens, but for the host those pictures are left out.

I know, i started out like you & actually believing that it was an honest mistake, but i don’t anymore i think they are deliberate in claiming something more valuable exactly like the infamous “Chinese lumens”.

And as long as we stand for it they will continue to claim it, i wouldn’t care so much if they hadn’t stock this host after our request and i know they know the difference, if not it is high time they learn.

As far as i know this IS the first host they have done.

And that they don’t show the lens or pill at all is very suspicious, who knows maybe the don’t even include the mcpcb retaining part.

I want to believe its only some error in the listing, but with this much wrong in the listing there isn’t hardly anything right…….at least they have the full light so if worse come to worse we will at least be able to buy that, and that is actually just as & good only a little more expensive.

i swear I’ve bought a host from them before, but now I can’t find it. You may be right.

I like to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I also won’t be ordering till our fearless groupbuy leader gets some clarification or they update the listing.

As it stands, I will probably go for the full light in this situation. I will wait and see if they clear up some of the details, and see if it does include a lens and pill and all that stuff.

at less than $5 more, its a no brainer to get an LED, junk driver and lens

Though, I wish that they had made the full light stock, as in IR like the light was made. Originally, I wanted a full light at original specs, or a host at under $20. Will still get the host if it does in fact include the lens and pill though

- please put me in for 2 complete lights.

(I will need them to be shipped to different locations - one for me, other to a friend) -

edit: I’m out of this GB, I am in a bit of a hurry so I will order directly from dealsmachine, costs $28 shipped for the full light, if the host in GB will be $24, the margin is small for savings for a full light GB.

Can somebody tell me why are we going with brass pill with this one? Is the original pill aluminum? Do we get both the original aluminum pill and the brass pill? Brass has significantly lower heat conductivity than aluminum.

(I know the answer is somewhere within the 15 pages of posts, but perhaps somebody can show mercy :slight_smile: )

So people can solder the star directly to the pill, thats why they want brass.

The rest, cant help you with

Now host is listed for $25.72 at Gearbest, full flashlight - $28.30. So $24 groupbuy price for host doesn’t look that good… I might take one full flashlight.

Link a brother :smiley:

Whats so hard about going to GearBest and copy/pasing “UF-1504”? :stuck_out_tongue:

Host: http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_167069.html
Light: http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_166572.html

So we save 1.50$ and get only the brass pill, which is thermally worse than aluminum [120 vs 239 W/(m*k)] and it’s only feature is, that I could solder the LED onto it…

Thats strange, for me the complete light is $30.11 not $28.30.

Thanks, you’re a life saver.

I won’t buy another light with a press-fit aluminum pill. Does the 1504 have a driver retaining ring? If not, it’s groupbuy or bust for me.

Use code ‘’MAXY’’ and you will get 28.30. Though it won’t work for host - price goes higher.
My google fu tells me that full flashlight was listed for 27,53 USD at Gearbest at some point… Might it be possible groupbuy price?

is there any review of this flashlight anywhere, that would show details about how the pill & Driver section is made?

?
The pill is a screw-pill.

Just add some thermal paste into the thread and your hand will catch fire soon :stuck_out_tongue:

If there’s nothing more special about this “deal” than the brass pill, that is not a deal for me…

I mean the driver press-fit into the pill.

For a single emitter flashlight, show me one source that tells you that a brass pill performs worse than an aluminium one.

( :tired: there is some persistent myth that it makes a noticable difference if a pill is made from brass, aluminium or copper, while what real evidence there is tells you that the bottleneck in the heatpath from led to shell just is not there but at the led-mcpcb junction. i.e. if there is traffic jam on a sandy path, it does not really matter if further down the road there is a B-road or a motorway.)

There is a review of the 1405 here. I think it’s safe to assume the pill design would be the same, and it does appear to be press-fit.

So - based on that comment, a brass pill with a soldered-in MCPCB has no benefits, too :wink:

@pilotdog:

This looks like there is at least a brass Ring press-fitted into the aluminum, because you can see some soldering from the driver to the pill.