OFFICIAL Group Buy UF-1504, UF-1504 host, UF-1405, tail switch, 26650 batteries DISCOUNT CODES EXPIRED!!!!!!!!

that looks so nice

Can’t wait for beamshots tonight. What driver did you use?

Beam is clean, focus is spot on, build quality is good.

I’ve got a dedomed XP-G2 S3 3C running on a Q.lite Rev A with 14x7135 (380mA) chips for 5.32A max. No blue shift on a slightly used battery so I’ll do some testing tonight and report how it measures on a fully charged Efest purple. For now it’s back to parental and home ownership duties.

looks very nice :slight_smile: that how it should have looked stock, that big ring or whatever you wanna call it, is crazy big on the stock light.

To bad i don’t have a lathe yet, but i am looking for one :wink:

I predict that set-up will give many, many luxes

If I had a lathe, I would turn that down and knurl it.

Fixed that for ya. At least as it pertains to the shortcomings of my $600 lathe.

Kloepper,

That looks so good without the giant knobs on it! Nice work!

Disappointing results, for some reason only pulling 2.8A at the tail. Need to figure out what the problem is.

At 2.8A it did 361kcd and about 500 lumens.

361kcd isn’t bad at 2.8A but 2.8A is LOW. I thought mine was pulling a little low but it was twice that. Keep us updated.

I haven’t followed a lot of this thread but thanks for your hard work n10sivern, just ordered a host.

I have found that xp-g2’s are difficult to drive hard with a single cell due to quickly rising Vf. I have always wondered how people get >3 amps to their xp-g2’s without multiple cells in series and a buck driver.

I feel like a drug dealer

A table full of pills!

Good to see they came as described. I’m gaining trust in GearBest

Haha! Peddling your wares on us! I’m pretty sure drugs would be less expensive for most of us.

I’ve got the 1504 host, s2+ host and 1405 light on the way that I ordered in the last week, along with my biggest order from Mtn. Too much money spent!

After cleaning up the board with alcohol and reassembling (everything looks good) it pulls 3.3 amps. I’m beginning to think it’s the Vf too. Next up BLF17DD. See if that pulls any more juice out. Seems like it’s probably going to be negligible, but I’ve got to try.

Edit: It measures 362kcd now. Essentially no difference now that I’m measuring 3.3 amps.

I may end up going with dedomed XP-L V6 3C’S if they give 300kcd and better lumens.

Does anyone have a gut feeling, or even better, hard data that might tell us if a 4.35v battery would have any advantage here (assuming it’s the Vf that’s the problem)? Or would the sag under a 3+ amp load bring the voltage down to where there is really no advantage?

I assume you’re measuring at the tail, so the switch wouldn’t be a factor?

Correct. Switch is not a factor here.

And I’m using a shunt wire, so my DMM wires are not a factor either.