[old Interest list, do not use] (was: XHP50.2 (3V) boards for Q8 no longer available)

Wow, that was fast.

We’ll have to pester Lan about Q8 w/50.2s. I count 12 + myself as interested, and that after only 1 week of this thread. Just 1 week; should have given more time to garner interest.
She sometimes gives a plausible answer for non-engagement. Sofirn did backtrack with battery shipping to Canada. Just so recently I ordered some and with a different shipping broker, we’ll see.

And then, if they did re-stock the MCPCBs re-flowed XHP50.2, would be an option to order the separate components.

You’re right. Never give up.

If it fails I would post in the LED4Power sales thread. They were clearanced for only 3 euro/ea before the store went down so could probably find some aftermarket

Lol, I’ve lost all hope in this matter, maybe the market is too small for such things. But if our prayers are heard, I am still up to buy 4 of them!

My mcpcb showed up today!

Now to install it.

Please clean that up with liberal amounts of rubbing alcohol before you do anything. If those balls attached to the pad wont break off touch them with an iron else they might not clear your centering ring. Good luck

Clearance continues next year.

But still pestering Lan :smiling_imp:

I’m glad someone else saw that, too. Don’t wanna smoke the reflector/lens burning up all that flux (the 50.2s will give you the heat for it).

Also, honestly, take a multimeter on continuity mode and check the LED+/LED- leads for continuity to the underside of the reflector. If you get beeps, try again.

As for the earlier discussion asking about centering rings, they’re not too hard to find for 5050 so it shouldn’t be a huge deal. The biggest problem will be the reflector not fitting to begin with, the holes will need to be reamed.

I did the scrubbing, and got the flux off.

Turns out, I forgot to get the centering rings.
Any idea on which centering ring would be best for this?

Well I assume you have to ream out the reflector with step drill bit or sharp scissors (scraping layers off) so you can go slow and ream to whatever size centering ring you have or can easily buy.

The xml uses the same footprint if you have any of those lying around.

Would these work?
http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=25_82&product_id=141

Probably, and a good option for shipping speed.

Looks a lot like Convoy’s option , which I was going to recommend: XM-L size emitter and 7mm reflector hole.

@ Unheard;

Could I suggest a listing of the people interested in a Q8 w/ 50.2s?

A tally of sorts that would clearly show the interest. As of now, gotta to decipher the takers versus the peripheral comments.

I’ve received the centering rings, and modified my reflector. Found another issue, though. The screw holes on the sides of the reflector don’t line up with the holes in the mcpcb.

I imagine I’ll have to ignore those screws, and drill out the center hole so it accepts the larger screw that was there, and use the lens to hold the reflector in place

Turns out, an “I” drill is just about perfect for embiggening the holes for the centering rings.

I’ll do in a moment. Thanks!

(~7mm for those of us playing at metric home)

Ok, I’ve drilled out the center hole, and now the screw holds the mcpcb to the reflector.

If you do this, make sure you clamp the mcpcb, it will spin on you, and a rough edge can cause some pain.

Just a heads up - the request to have Sofirn re-issue the MCPCB w/ XHP50.2 LEDs has been moved to https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/63251