Old Lumens Flashlight Challenge 2019 - Final Results

:smiley: :+1:

Congrats to everyone who finished! I wish I was one of you but I don’t feel ready to enter. Though I do have some ideas. :slight_smile:

And congrats to CRX - man, you did it. And you the level of organization was awesome.
The challenge for you for the next year - outsource more of the work to other members to keep the superb level of organization while putting less strain on yourself. :slight_smile:

So I’m not the only one that noticed that. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the hardest part was watching all these guys and not being able to enter myself :smiley:

Yeah, well done everyone, nineteen completed builds was a great thing to see here :beer:

Hey I’m on ‘nice mode’ on the forum! (mostly) :innocent:
But sometimes I do hit ‘strobe’, still working on that firmware :smiling_imp:

Thanks to all person involved in the contest, both participants and the organizers :+1:

Ahah! I knew it :stuck_out_tongue:

But…you moded/built almost as much lights as we all did together :o

Hum, maybe “lightning storm” then? :smiling_imp:

Congrats to all contestants!

WOW! :person_with_crown: It’s amazing and I’m really proud that my modified flashlight got the first place. :partying_face: :smiley: :star: :heart_eyes:

A huge THANK YOU to all BLF members:

- those who organized the contest,

- those who judged the entries,

- those who participated with great builds and

- those who read and left really nice comments on the build threads.

• Special thanks to CRX and all, who made this year’s contest possible and a successful and entertaining BLF event.

It’s great to be a part of BLF. :+1: :sunglasses:

This year’s new modified light category has attracted even more contestants and is the easiest to join. I hope it will be there also next year.

Thanks for all of the kind words! :smiley:

It was a great competition this year. I’m extremely thankfully for CRX getting this thing off the ground and getting things organized. And to you unnamed judges, thanks for your work as well. I’m encouraged to see a lot of participation this year, as I feared that we weren’t going to have a competition due toa lack of interest. I’m glad to have been proven wrong. What a showcase of amazing talent!

Yes, I was building along with you guys the whole time :smiley:

True :wink:

The contestants and organizers did an awesome job.

I’m not ready yet but I hope to join in the fun someday.

I should have mentioned, I pick the ReyLight LAN.

Many excellent prizes to choose from, it was difficult to decide. Apologies for the hold up.

Great!

grin, you're up next, then Skylight.

Good choice! I still haven’t decided what I want to go for. All flashlights are compromises in some way, so I’m trying to pick one that will tick as many boxes as possible before I modify it to tick a few more.

Thanks to everyone involved.
I will take the Astrolux MF01S

I would have two questions before choosing:

Can the Wuben T70 be ordered in camouflage color?

What is the ‘Mystery light’ from Skylumen?

In PM’s when I asked about more specifics for all lights in general, CRX said that they would be provided directly by the sponsor and not him as shipping from him would be a huge task and huge cost. I assume that would be up to the provider then as he also said that all the information shown was all that had been provided.

As for the mystery light, is it a mystery if you know what it is?

Assume what’s listed is what’s available, but you’d have to ask CRX for a definitive answer.
As for the Mystery light - obviously it’s a mystery, and it will stay that way until you/the picker receive it I presume.
Don’t leave it too long though as the way the prizes are being picked, it will hold it up for everyone else. :slight_smile:

:+1:

_the_ told me about the Wuben T70, I have put the question forward.

vinhnguyen54 said this in PM about sponsorship at the start:

A MT07vn Silver with White2 LEDs
or a Mystery light which winner can pick.

https://skylumen.com/collections/v54-lights/products/mateminco-mt07vn-co...

I have asked for some clarification on the mystery light choice.

Thanks for the helpful replies, Asian8640, G0OSE and The_OL_Contest. :+1:

Thank you for clarifying. If I am allowed to pick a mystery light from the Skylumen website in the 135$ range I would prefer this prize over the Wuben T70. I just assumed that Vinh would sent a flashlight randomly.

Instead of the MT07vn I would choose another flashlight from Skylumen. If I take a flashlight in the same price range that should be possible, right?

Looks like skylight is narrowing his decision. Next is Don then me. In an effort to speed things along I’ll give my preference now - Astrolux ft03. If Don chooses that then I’ll take the fireflies rot66