Old Lumens Flashlight Challenge 2019 - Final Results

[skipping the politics…]

Acebeam and Wuben are located in Shenzhen too and they are already operating (almost) normally - and have been answering emails even during their lockdown.

Moving on from that… :person_facepalming:
I received a prize for the Old Lumens Flashlight Challenge, a Manker U21 1560 Lumen Pocket Thrower CREE XHP35 HI LED Flashlight.
This years competition was very competitive and everyone gave it their best. I want to Thank all our Sponsors for participating and we hope to see you again. Also want to Thank all those who supervised and judged this years event. This was a Honor for me to participate with you guys. After watching on the sideline my first year here and observing the great interaction between everyone, hooked me to give it a shot.
It has been fun, Thank You All :smiley:

skilhunt is located in shenzhen too, they already shipped my prize, it is in hands of dedicated us service, according to tracking, for few days now, they responded and shipped out my light pretty quick once i provided all info they needed

I got my ThruNite TC15 two days ago. Very nice flashlight.

Thanks a lot, ThruNite!

I have had my Astrolux MF01S from Banggood for a few weeks now. On the weekend it ran from dusk till dawn on a tripod and took 3 sets of batteries. I like it a lot. Thanks again to sponsors, organisers, the competitors and specially CRX great job! :+1: :beer:
Now I can not wait for the 8th old lumens challenge

From sponsor Banggood

Great light, grin!

Rey shipped mine a couple weeks ago. At the rate I’ve been seeing from China shipments lately, I’ll probably see it in about a month. Anxiously awaiting it’s arrival!

Well, this is a pleasant surprise! The Nightwatch, please.

Being a builders contest, I feel kinda wrong not picking up components. But I’ve been in a little bit of a flashlight funk with the Covid-19 shutdowns. With all of the extras duties I’ve picked up that would otherwise be provided by daycare and schools, I haven’t had a chance to hardly touch a flashlight, let alone think about doing any modding. Makes me sad. :weary:

I am impressed by it. Good balance between throw and flood with a heap of lumens out the front. I got it just before everything slowed down. I am waiting on about 20-30 orders. Seems like the parcels are leaving china as usual and getting held up at our border. Maybe nobody wants to touch them.

mine is still stock with dedicated usa service in china, for a week now,

Astrolux MF01s - provided by Banggood

When it comes my turn - If nobody takes the 1kg raw materials I’ll take that. If not then $50 of lenses :nerd_face:

When it will be my turn I would like to choose the €30 Store Voucher - provided by Led4power.

If grin wants it I would choose the $35 Voucher for Any Items in stock from this thread - provided by kiriba-ru.

It is incredibly nice that many of us can even choose a second price. :sunglasses: Many thanks to all the sponsors and those who organised the contest and found many generous sponsors. :person_with_crown: :+1:

I’ll keep thinking the whole year which catergory I will enter next time and what I will make. :innocent:

Are we running through the order of winnets again or taking potshots or did I miss something?

Prize selection:

Winner of Hand Made has 1st choice followed by winner of Machine Made then winner of the Modified Light category and will continue in this repeating order as long as any prizes are left.

Yes, I kept some prizes in reserve until I was satisfied every contestant would get their chosen prize form the first round.

Clever! :wink:

Thank you :D

As you know, one or two needed a little nudge ;)

I know it is not my turn yet, but I’d like to say that I will skip the “2nd” prize!

The one I won offered me the possibility to get some stuff that I wanted and I’ll just have that one :wink:

BTW, led4power was able to ship my prize (and other stuff I bought from his store) on the 14th April. It was sent in non-tracked mail due to constraints on air-registered airmail. The situation is due to the Covid-19 and its’ shipping restrictions.

I am waiting for it to arrive and will post here when it does!

To the organization and sponsors, once again, thanks for the opportunity :wink: :+1:

I was one that needed a nudge I didnt get what was going on.

It was just a couple sponsors had me concerned for a bit.
Though dealing with you guys is like herding cats too! :laughing:

OK, my turn :slight_smile:

I will select the $30 Store Voucher - provided by Virence.com

I’ll have to figure out what would be cool.

Thank you.