Old Lumens Flashlight Challenge 2019 - Final Results

Any news of your light? (or did I miss it?)
I am curious :nerd_face:

:blush: :+1:

I wanted to say this in your build thread, but since everyone is here, will do in this one.
Never but this light blue chinese hacksaw blades. There are no decent words to describe their properties.
There are many vendors is EU that provide great EU made blades. Choose from:
-Bahco
-Zebra (Wurth subbrand)
-RUCO

For soft metals/hard woods use biggest teeth (smallest TPI - 24 or 18 if it is available).
Do not use blade that you use for brass/bronze/copper for cutting steel (specially stainless steel).
Use WD-40 or substitute for cutting aluminium.
I hate hacksaws (this strokes brings pain in my back), in past I always tried to avoid this hand cutting tools and tried to use circular saw/angle grinder/reciprocating saw/bandsaw instead. But since I have quality blades, I use it more and more. You will be satisfied when you see how fast it can cut.
I buy one from the list above for under $2 blade, this is price of four cheapest chinese blades, but brand ones last 10 times longer and work 5 times faster.
And yes, bimetall blade can not break like on photos - it is flexible because strip is made of spring steel and just tooth are hss. Such fragile blades are made from carbon steel (that was common cutting material in 19th century.)

Thanks for the waring and suggestion kiriba-ru!

Actually, I used that saw blade because I wanted to save the best one I have for the tough materials (brass, copper) that I need to cut sometimes.

So I put that on the frame instead because I knew that there was a risk cutting that still humid piece of wood.
The ā€œnormalā€ saw blade I use is - according to the seller - Italian ( ? ), it is a bit more expensive and surely cuts well. Brand is Sadyflex.

I donā€™t have the possibility to have machines at home, so I had to stick to what I have, even if it was a bit more harsh in some moments!
I made it through, though :wink:

Still , thank you for the suggestion given and the observation made! I will surelly take into account on my next works/mods :wink:

:+1: :sunglasses:

No news so far. :weary:

Once I supposed it had arrived at the local post office but it turned out to be another parcel.

The international tracking does not work so the surprise will be great when one day the parcel sits in front of my door. :sunglasses:

Iā€™ll make sure to post a video and fotos once it has arrived.

I will take the

• Osram Boost HX on any DTP PCB x 2 - provided by Led4power

Thank you :)

BTW still waiting for my Astrolux HL01 hope to get it soon

Glad to see most of you are getting your lights! hopefully those waiting wonā€™t have to wait too long. :+1:

Iā€™ve used the UCLp lenses before. They are the ducks guts. Thanks.

Are they AR coated?
I would like some 310mm, 260mm, 620mm and 1m but they are hard to find those sizes so I have about 10 different size borosilicate 3d print bases up to 310mm ordered.

Iā€™m not sure if they are coated. When they are new you cannot see the lens when fitted to a torch.

That sounds good might have give them a go when I need some more.

Woohoo! Received my prize today :partying_face: Was 4 weeks delivery time. Thatā€™s an improvement on the previous delivery (7 weeks).

Thanks again to the organisers and sponsors :+1:

I should post it earlier. Hereā€™s my prize, looking sweet.

Got my prize and some other stuff I bought yesterday :wink:
(the triples have the leds on, but they were erased in the photo :person_facepalming: )

Again, thank you very much to the organization, and the sponsor, in this case, led4power :wink:

Always nice to get supplies.

Good looking light lumenzilla!

Iā€™m hoping that Wuben will soon be able to ship my light. (They advised that the ext tube would be in stock about the end of April.)

Pity about the wait, I got in early it was just before everything slowed. My MF01s from banggood was here in under 3 weeks.

mine is still tracking at the same place it was on april 13th, my guess it is shipped by sea. hopefully not lost

Received the FW3S today. Very nice light. Thanks NealsGadgets!

Look what arrived in the mail today! A huge thanks to Rey (of ReyLight) for being a sponsor this year. This light is gorgeous. :smiley:

Ti LAN, 4000K Nichia 219C with 10 blue trits (I paid to add them). Being my first ReyLight, I wanted to go all out.

Now Iā€™m debatingā€¦ leave it stock, or swap in a sliced 90-CRI 5000K LH351D? :person_facepalming: The itch to modā€¦ the struggle is real!