Old Lumens Flashlight Challenge 2019 - Final Results

Sweet. You wont be happy until you mod it. :slight_smile:

Cool :+1:

Do it. Thereā€™s nothing better than a good light that was further improved. :slight_smile:

Very nice!

Sweet :sunglasses:
Got all the trits inserted? That is surelly a keeper :wink:

That is pretty.

Yesterday the postman delivered a very promising parcel from the USA. :wink:

Finally, after one month and three weeks it is time to resolve the Great Mystery. :sunglasses: It is UNBOXING TIME!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Mind blownā€¦ I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen a metric tape measure before :disappointed: Looks so much less confusing than a ā€œstandardā€. Carefully countingā€¦ hmm, is that 1/16? Naw, 1/32? Aww crap!

I wish I could find tape measures without imperial hereā€¦ Oh well.

Yes! I use metrics when working with small projects.

Years and years ago when Canada began converting to metric measurements I was just getting used to it when we moved to the US. Iā€™ve been wanting a change to metric ever since

Nice prize!

You need the metric tape measure where one sideā€™s markings are .020ā€™ā€™ apart. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hope you enjoy your prize light :wink:
I suppose it is a Vinh driver instead the regular one, right? Also, it seems to have a great tint and CRI :wink:
Lovely!! :+1:

Gosh I would love to switch. I think a lot of Americans are past the point of ā€œtoo stupid to changeā€ and into ā€œtoo stupid to even know the current systemā€, but Iā€™m a cynicā€¦

Unfortunately, I believe you may be correct.

I still know enough about the metric system to be able to relate between measurements in both. I completely dislike inch fraction measurements too.

I mastered the standard carpenterā€™s measure as a kid, but the fraction thing is just annoying when it comes to calculating. These days I use a combination of both. I have this engineers measure now. Itā€™s awesome.

I use one of the Klein models ā€¦ I think the 30-foot.

I would throw the imperial tape out I would not be able to stop whinging about it. A rule and calipers they are a different story.

Ah yes, why donā€™t Americans go metric? All those logical arguments miss the real reason. Itā€™s because as children we were ONLY taught the imperial system. It was our parents choice. And now as adults we can only VISUALIZE in imperial. How long is 100mm? Hell if I know, let me convert. Google says 3.9 inches. I know what 4ā€ looks like, so itā€™s just a little shy of that. Perfect.

I was brought up entirely metric, but I know what an inch looks like just as I know a mm or a cm. Oddly though despite embracing the decimal system we donā€™t use KM, or KPH lol :person_facepalming:

Yes, I know what a mm and a cm look like too, but interestingly your brain canā€™t accurately visualize 1mm * 100. Instead tries to fetch a memory of something that is about 100mm. If your memories were all in imperial, you are SOL, and need to convert first.