Old Lumens Lathe fund donation thread. Contribution information here.

Drum roll please!!!

The grand total for the Old Lumens lathe project is

$3863.08!

Astonishing!! I still am amazed at the tremendous repose of the kind hearts that make up this forum. More than a thousand dollars over our goal was raised.

In addition to that I have a few other statistics you may be interested in.

Total dollar amount of fees charged at this end was only $23.19.

Funds were received from countless states and countries in seven different currencies including:

USD
CAD
EUR
AUD
SEK
NOK
NZD

Finally a total of one hundred thirty four individual payments were sent in total.

It has been my great honor and privilege to serve as proxy for this event. Thank you all so much for your kindness to Justin and you patience though these past days.

Good Lux in all you lay your hands to Justin!!

Congrats OL... May The Force be with you!

Thanks everyone in joining the different ways of contributing.

Wonderful effort by all in this community to raise that sum of money for Justin. :slight_smile:

great outcome !
this is a great community - thank you all !

may this lathe keep OL doing his work for a long time!

Wow! Just really, WOW!
Very heartwarming to see this much generosity!
I guess the vendors also really helped a fair amount!

I hope O-L will profit from this for many years, and that this investment will bring him more than the amount is worth!

What a great total amount collected, thanks VOB for being the middle man :-)

This started as helping someone out, but our investment is already being more than returned in the form of OL's new permanent lathe thread, I will be enjoying that for years to come!

Awesome. Thanks to all!

An overwhelming response. Multiple vendors from multiple countries including China and the US.

All of which made generous donations. I know of at least one for sure that did not even post in the thread.

They really backed us up on this guys.

So good to hear. I think all the vendors that helped should reveal themselves. There will be a time when we are deciding which vendor to purchase something from, and this will definitely tip the scales.

While that sounds like a wonderful idea, I’d hate to push someone to reveal him/her self who may prefer to remain anonymous. Besides, the good vendors are the good vendors. We should support them whether they contributed specifically to this fund or not. But, most of the truly good ones probably did contribute, is the feeling I got from VOB’s post.

Fantastic! Thanks so much to everyone for their kindness and generosity toward a very deserving member. And many thanks to VOB too for running the campaign, I know he really bent over backwards to make this all work out.

By the way, VOB and Justin asked me to do an audit of VOB's handling of the funds just to assure our members that the funds were managed correctly. I ran through a PDF of VOB's PayPal account status with a fine-toothed comb, and there was only a small discrepancy of $3.14, which is probably related to international currency conversion complications. VOB did a fantastic job running all of this, and we just wanted to let everyone know that all of their generous donations reached the intended recipient.

I suddenly have a craving for pi(e) :D

Justin is the only lucky soul I know that can win a decent lottery payoff without ever buying a ticket! :slight_smile:

Nice job everybody, Justin is having a blast (well, more or less) getting the lathe ready to go to work and the lathe itself is an impressive looking piece of equipment! The 10 x 22 size looks to be a great choice, he should be able to do a lot with this… really looking forward to seeing the procession here.

Justin very generously gifted to me the smaller drill press he was working with previously, which was in turn a gift to him from the forum or an individual here. I have cut my first copper with it and it works splendidly! :slight_smile: And so yes, I’ve seen the lathe in Justin’s “shop” and it looks right at home there. :wink:

The World’s Best Forum, hard at work……

Amazing work guys. And hats off to the vendors also. OL, I'm glad it all worked out. You deserve it Sir. Tip of the :hat: to ya. :beer: .

Yikes, I must be tired today. For the life of me I could NOT figure out where Bort came up with that comment. :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks DavidEF for the mental nudge!

Thats awesome, i was thinking i was being too obvious with the brackets :smiley: :bigsmile: :wink:

I’m a little bummed on how this turned out. Oh well, we tried :weary:

I am stunned, to be honest. Anything more I say will get me in trouble. This is all I will post about it. I'm done.

Old-Lumens Grizzly Lathe—-A Must Read