Old-Lumens : The legend lives on

That’s a breath taking light, Awesome job. :sunglasses: You really put a lot of heart and hard work in this light MRsDNF.
Thank you for sharing and the tribute to Old-Lumens, he would be very proud.
Your attention to detail and machining sets this light off from anything in it’s class, Great job!
Take good care of her Sb.

You know it! It’s a one-of-a-kind keeper for sure.

I had forgotten about this light, must say (Again) Holy shit that is a freaking work of art!!!

That is ………A W E S O M E
:+1:

- Clemence

Many of us learned so much from Justin here. He was a great inspiration to all of us, and really miss him and his masterpieces. I fortunately own on of his works, and it is in my most cherished collection pieces case.

+1
I was never fortunate enough to own one of his works but I was fortunate to receive his generosity through his giveaways.
R.I.P. :innocent:

only a sometimes-posting long-time member here, but holy sh(#(#(t that is beautiful and amazing and what a fitting tribute/remembrance of old-lumens. Enjoy it in great health.

Amazing light :+1:

I presume you guys are still in touch with Mrs Old lumens? and that you sent here a few photos etc? I’m sure she would be just as touched/impressed by this as everyone else.
It is an amazing effort, and really does look like the Master himself made it. MRsDNF you should be very proud, and sb, you are a very lucky person! :slight_smile:

I talk to Val (Mrs. Old Lumens) all the time. I spoke with her just yesterday in fact.

It took several months of pinkpanda3310 and I trying to establish contact with her but we finally got through. Communication was slow at first but lot has changed since then. I’m now her remote IT guy and I’m happy to say we’ve become quite good friends. :slight_smile: She’s a very nice lady with a great sense of humor despite all she’s been through and witty as can be.

I too forgot about this thread until it’s resent resurrection and also forgot that gorgeous light. Absolutely stunning! MRsDNF is truly a master artist/machinist/craftsman.

I will send Val the pictures of this beauty. She will be touched. It makes her happy to see Justin’s legacy living on here and she is very thankful for all the kindness BLF has shown her. Good idea G0OSE. :+1:

O wow, don’t know why I haven’t seen this thread.
Very impressive light! Just outstanding machine work, a real gesture of respect to old lumens!

This light deserves to shine on the header of the forum.

THIS yes.
SB should put that photo of that light in the header. :slight_smile:

^

I third that! :+1:

That warms the heart to hear J-Dub. Thanks for letting us know. :slight_smile:

:+1:

+1

The only path to immortality is through your children.
I bet you kids do him proud.

All I can say is

+1

Val was very moved. :slight_smile: I copied the OP, pics included into an email to her. She has expressed many times how much she appreciates all the kind words, thoughts and actions that BLF has shown her and Justin.

Here is a bit of her reply to me.

:slight_smile:
Val has such a way with words.