Old-Lumens : The legend lives on

Indeed she does. :slight_smile: She went on in a follow-up email saying…

:+1:

Wow such a thing of beauty, i have seen a lot of beautifully made lights over the years from some great flashlight builders and that light is way up there.

Just a.w.e.s.o.m.e !!

I just love this kind of craftsmanship. Once I ordered a humidor (cigar box) from a guy that builds them custom. It was so bloody well done! I was almost ashamed as he does them at a price that normally buys you a cheaply made mass-produced one.

I’m so glad you forwarded them to her. What a lovely reply too.

I second this, yes!

I’d like to publicly say, though J-Dub74 may not like me saying this, that with the couple of PM’s Ive had with J-Dub74 lately that the world would be a far greater place if there was a few more of him around. Maybe we should be trying to clone him? Thanks for all the selfless work behind the scenes J-Dub74, l’d love to shout you a drink if we ever meet. :slight_smile:

Every time I see the Old Lumens tribute flashlight, I’m simply amazed. It’s like a great piece of artwork, where it draws you in and you keep looking at it. Well done MRsDNF!

I agree MRsDNF on jdub’s attitude and point of view. When I was just getting started in the forum, he had pm me about one of the topics of the day. He ended up corresponding with me over many issues and truly made me feel welcome here at blf. He may be a busy guy that runs under the radar here often but I am glad that he (and the many other good people here) are part of the blf. Sorry about the thread detour sb, but I had to second MRsDNF last comment.

Cheers and that light is a piece of art that is so far outside of my abilities to produce that it may as well be made of pure gold. If I am going to dream I may as well go all in! :money_mouth_face:

This is the place I’ve been looking for, Great People here :slight_smile: . I’m new to flashlights and batteries but not to people.
Looking fwd to building a flashlight some time this year. Been a Machinist for 40 yrs and have access to a lot of CNC’s and
Manual machines. Been to other forums and this one is the best. So happy to be here. :slight_smile: .

Thanks Old Lumens and all your followers !

Welcome aboard CNCman, glad to have ya. :slight_smile: