Old school quality 6x & 7x SkyRayKing's with Real Cree's & screw in shelves *SOLD*

Yes!
Thanks for the info!

OK we are not going to take these screw locations into consideration then for the Q8.

Is the purposes of using the screw location so that a SRK reflector could bolt into the Q8?

If so then I think that 14mm hole spacing could work, this was the most common size I got and the vast majority of the 8x+ MCPCB’s seem to use the spacing.

It is the lower number of LED’s that vary more, I am guessing because they have had more runs of them and thus slight changes in design as they cheapened them.

I would say that excluding then 6x and below reflectors 85% of the larger ones use approx this spacing. Slight changes in spacing could be accounted for by modders by simply drilling the holes slightly larger as well. Crude but effective.

Plus there is also the physical size constraints, the screws have to go into the space between LED’s and once you get into the larger number of LED’s that size becomes more consistent.

The issue here is then that the threads need to be in a good location on the Q8 reflector and 2 screws may not have enough meat to really get a good hold.

For my days of computer overclocking we all knew that pressure > thermal compound. The big changes in CPU temp were down to things like how well the heat sink was clamped to the CPU, thermal compound made a very small change by comparison.

So for the Q8 I want to be able to crank that reflector down HARD (and thus press the MCPCB to the pill hard) without stripping anything. This honestly would be best accomplished on the Q8 with a large single screw in the M5/M6 size range with as many threads as possible that are well machined.

The only issue here is that from some other Quads I have built the MCPCB likes to spin when tightening the screw, not usually a problem but annoying if you are trying to line it up the LED’s compared to the outside, also puts some stress on the wires.

A small set screw on the side(s) would fix that though and add more clamping force although also a bit more work.