Olight S15R for $22.99 at GearBest

Well. After about a week of “processing” my s15 order, I decided to bail. I asked for a refund and got it back in my Paypal the next day. Not bad. I figure a few more days (or week) of processing and they will likely ship, but I already have a S15R and have a few more olights coming. No sense pushing my luck for a light I bought on a whim (because of the price).

@Gunja;

As much as I would like to follow through with my commitment, I think that I am going to have to ‘bail’ too. - Clearly they do not have stock to ship, and only a ‘promise’ of getting any.

I don’t know what is going on behind the curtain, but I expect that Olight has cut Gearbest off, or at least are restricting stock shipments to them to protect their other ‘stocking’ dealers that can no way sell their remaining stock at that price without loosing their A$$. - JMO.

Everyone, make what you want of it… As I said - I dunno.

Thanks for your post,
-Chuck

I got my Olight S30 today...

The problem is that I can't get the darn thing to turn on!

I've tried three different batteries, that I know are good, to no avail.

Would pulling on the tail spring with pliers be a good idea?

It’s not possibly in lockout mode?

I have tried to unlock it by holding down the side switch for one second, but that didn't work.

I bailed out on my 3rd S15R order as well, cancelled it today.

Just dont need yet another S15R with shady QC and battery/charger issues.

try pointing it directly into your eye…that usually makes a light start up on high

Hi Veer,

Could you please instruct me on just how you were able to do this?

GB is telling me that my order# is Invalid, and that is the order number that they gave me.

Not really worth all of this, even if the outcome is rosey…
-Chuck

I put a fresh 18650 in the S30...

handed my beer to a friend...

told everyone, "Here, watch this!"...

pointed the flashlight right into my eyes...

tried to turn on the flashlight in every way I could think of...

zero, zip, zilch, nada! :p

You’re a Lot Smarter than me!

I would have never even thunk to do something like that!

Darwin Award!

:slight_smile: :beer: !

Thanks,
-Chuck

I just logged into Gearbest, opened my order list, clicked the order that had S15R in it and then on right top of the order clicked on [Send/View message].

Did so on saturday night and they responed already saying they will transfer this to financial department to do the correction and refund the difference.

Thank you very much for your reply.

I will try that tomorrow, but for now, I just can’t stand anymore aggravation from them.

Again,
Thank you.
-Chuck

vēer, I think you mentioned that the magnet is very difficult to remove, I have learned that for the older versions that applied, but do you know about these newer ones?

you wouldn’t take the magnet out of the s15R … thats what holds it to the charger stand

Brad, heres how far I was able to take it apart, in picture where the tailcap is taken apart, that reflecting shiny donut is the magnet and is either held by the central black ring around the donut hole or by the side ring, it doesnt seem to be easy to take apart without risking to trash the tailcap, so I didnt try to move any further than what you see in pictures:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

My S15r shipped a day or two ago? We’ll see.

Do you think that a good price?

But there are questions about:

- Availability.

- Shipping times.

- Product quality issues.

IF, the S15R were in stock and immediately shipped out, and if the delivery times were reasonable, and if the product were first quality genuine Olight factory-sealed flashlights,
THEN, yes, this is a very good deal.

Got my S30 yesterday and mine worked rite out the box. It sux yours doesn’t work RC. My tracking was all over the place, didn’t even know it arrived lol typical gb stuff.

I like the tint on my S30 though probably somewhere in the 6500k range.

RC- if it’s in lockout mode, the red led on the side switch should light up if pressed momentarily. If it’s not on, back to gb.