Olight SR95S UT Pictures - Updated with Beamshots!

Hi DENGOH!! Where do you live in Malaysia? KL? You must be one of the very less population who owns light like this :stuck_out_tongue:

Bibihang, I stay in Perak. I believe so, not many posting about this flashlight. Or those who own this flashlight are quiet type. :slight_smile:

Can you take a beamshot pic with both the TN-31 and the SR95UT Side by side on highest setting, I am curious in seeing how much the SR95UT over powers the TN-31.

Why don’t you mod your TN-31? Give it more power to the LED and an XM-L2 U2 bin, mine is pushing around 4.8A to the direct copper bonded LED, and probably north of 1,500 lumens.

I will do some beamshots next Monday as my DSLR is not with me this weekend.
That is good suggestion to mod my TN31 eventually. Just need to see how my skill gets to when it is time to do it. It is resistor mod right? But I need to learn how to do direct copper bond with LED.
At this moment, TN31 is still my second thrower and able to impress my friends and relatives. SR95S is like secret weapon.

Crazy nice lights! I have to admit that its the little Zebralight next to the SR that makes my pants tighten up on me. :love:

Yep, resistor mod but I also did other improvements posted in this thread

Johnny, they are beautifully designed and executed, aren’t they? :slight_smile:
AlexGT, that is very detailed steps. Thanks for your effort. I might do simple resistor mod first to see how it goes as XML is not very efficient at highest current. I am wondering is it 3A at stock form and how to make it 4A? Do you think default heatsink can take 4A?

Yes it can, IMO

It’s not exactly what your asking for, but close. Here is my SR90 modded with SBT-70 tested at 325k vs my TN31 with XM-L2 U2 on copper pill rated at 156k. Shot at 150-160m -

Dengoh did you scare a snake out of that tree with that thing? Looks like it. Awesome

Thanks rdrfronty, is your TN-31 driven at stock current to the LED?

It is stock current. XM-L2 U2 swapped in, on a copper Sinkpad, and wires replaced.

Ya, especially in our country. :bigsmile:

I only own budget lights and HIDs so far and my friends already think that I am crazy to own those lights. Man, you are rich!

Thanks rdrfronty. Both of your beam shots look amazing. Do you know how many amps the SBT70 gets?

Mouse out = TN31

Mouse in = SR90

rdrfronty, that is one monster thrower you got. Your beamshot is very close to what I have seen and my TN31 is just XML U2. Ya, what is your driving current for that SBT-70?

bibihang, I am not rich. Those light are not really very expensive compare to digital camera and lenses. If I see value in them I will buy them, else I won’t.

wilesone, I might have scared some birds on the tree. :slight_smile:

My SR90 should be at about 9A, which is stock for the later models, but have not verified it personally. It does now have beefier wires and the SBT-70 is mounted direct to a custom copper pill. The SBT-70 is a recent bin, so it along with the slightly bigger head (vs SR95SUT), copper heatsink, etc. it managed to do 1685 lumens at 30sec and did 325Kcd lux. I measured at mulitple distances from 1m up to 50m to make sure I was getting proper numbers.
It’s a beast for sure.

Those are some great numbers. Id say youre well into HID territory.

Here are beamshots I took last night with SR95S UT vs TN31 U2. I clean TN31 contact and make sure battery voltage was about 12.35V. Also check with lux meter at 3m, SR95S UT scored 30.7k lux while TN31 U2 scored 12.3k lux.

Target is a white building about 180m away.
Control:

TN31 U2:

SR95S UT:

Target is about 160m away. Shining both light side by side. Left hotspot is TN31 U2, right hotspot is SR95S UT.
Control:

Left TN31U2 vs Right SR95S UT:

Thanks for viewing and comment.

Nice comparison shots Dengoh. You can still see a well defined hot spot with your SR95SUT at 160m even with it fighting city ambient light. Not bad at all.

I would say the TN31 just got it’s behind spanked. :slight_smile: