Olight X7 Mod (Sky Lumen)

Yeah, he was born on Vietnam but grown up in US. So English is the native language.

I am just wondering why I cannot find him here at BLF. Google search only gives CPF and youtube.

His username here was SkyLumen or something like that. Only created one thread and didn’t get a warm welcome if I remember correctly

I think it would be better to stay on topic . :+1:

(I know , i was offtopic too …)

deleted.

It has gotten off topic.

Deleted

I don’t think anybody said anything against him, he seems like a great guy!
If someone has the skills, the marketing knowledge and passion to run a business - good for him! There should be more modders like him!

I custom-modded a few lights and had fun. But - I wouldn’t possibly know how to make a profitably business out of it. Doesn’t it take a lot of work and time to do all these mods on a light? Then you have to order parts, test the lights, market them, pack them, ship them. Plus answer all the emails and inquiries. There will be a few returns, maybe? Then the IRS wants a chunk. Even if you scale this up how exactly would you be profitable (more lights = more work), wouldn’t the hourly rate be too low?

If I account for all the hours I spent on my S2+ mods I’d have to sell it for >200$ US. (I admit I am a very slow, accurate modder.).

Anyone who does his has 1) a ton of respect from me 2) a lot of passion for flashlights.

That’s a lot of glue!

You should see Klarus G30 … or better not .

Yeah, I don’t have a whole lot of luck with glued lights. I usually end up with a beat up bezel.

Klarus seems to love thread lock for sure…
But I’m not exactly a man of precision and succeeded in opening the little mi7, so it’s not that hard really.
You have to put enough layers of rubber to keep the hungry teeth of your pliers from eating this sweet bezel :smiley:

15,000lm is sure an insane amount of light but I would NEVER trade the stock driver with that amazing temperature regulation for a simple $8 FET driver…

Yeah that’s where I’m at too.

I would be much more impressed with things like this if they used some of the newer firmwares we have here, like Narsil for one. Still not the kind of regulation Olight offers on the stock driver, but greater customization goes a long way.

That driver is probably where half of Olight’s development budget went on this light.

Your correct. He did have his name Vinhguyen54 here if i remember correctly, but that one topic he did start received some attacks & bad drama by a member here if i remember correctly, and sadly he lost interest in BLF as he did not feel welcome after that. He felt the same about BLF, as many of us do about CPF after that incident…

One thing Vinh told me that surprised me is that CPF is NOT a majority of his business. Most of his business comes from people who are not on CPF,or at least not registered on it.

I am on both CPF and BLF and take the good with the bad. Both sites have their positives. Seeing what transpires on both sites enables me to look through the BS and get a better idea of what the reality of both can offer and what they are in actuality.

BLF is definitely more lenient[I tested that about a month ago!].

I would have been suspended or thrown off CPF if I told another member to go F themselves!

Lastly, It is easy, but not accurate or fair to judge someone without knowing them well. Some opinions are based on here say and not personal experience or interaction. :wink:

I feel the same way— A factory driver with good output and good regulation is hard to beat—I just wish these companies would put a decent med/high mode—you outstanding turbo then the med/high is like 30% —it should be more in the 50/60% range—the TN42 has super Turbo 710 klux then high is around 300 klux

Y’all stop with all that nonsense about factory drivers…you’re talking me out of modding my X7, lol.

Me too. Heat is the biggest problem for high output light.

UNBELIEVABLE! B’day in a few weeks and just found out Vinh sent me this!,in NW! I think CAPO pulled some strings,rumor is he is tied w/ La Cosa Nostra! :money_mouth_face:

Acebeam X65vn - Best Searchlight Thrower R
$ 550.00

Factory Link Click Here
Night Beam Shot Video
Table Top Review Video
Neutral VS Cool Video

Simply the highest output thrower I sell :slight_smile:
DriverVNX2 User Programable UI
DriverVNX2 gives minor output bump but improved UI
Excellent Throw & High output

Spec 1: XHP35 Cool White + DriverVNX2 $550
ANSI