OMFG! LiitoKala 26650-50A 5000mAh li-ions?

For $12 I am willing to take the risk (actually I have as I have ordered a pair) :slight_smile:
At the end of the day though with Aliexpress you have this ā€œFull or Partial Refund , if the item is not as describedā€ so if the cells turn out to be utter junk, & you are willing to go through the hassle for $12, you can get a refund so I donā€t see this as an unacceptable risk :wink:
They are normally pretty good to deal with as well in my experience.

ā€œBatteriesā€ at pccomponentes.com <- Take a look here. What do you see?

For your information, that is one of the biggest and most reputable online computer and electronics stuff vendor in Spain (and they are just a few miles away from my house).

Get over it. Dumb products for dumb people I guess. :FACEPALM:

Cheers ^:)

What question?

Sorry if my semantic has not been clear enough. With ā€œdischarge capacityā€ I meant to refer to the ability to deliver sustained/peak current flow or power delivery, i.e. current handling. Hope what I said makes sense, I'm going to edit these previous posts.

Sorry!

My native language is Castilian spanish and, among bits and bobs, sometimes trying to figure out how to put into english words certain stuff can be a hassle. :UGHH:

All Iā€™m saying is that even the wrapper didnā€™t mention Liitokala.

Original liitokala wraps looks like these:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/Liitokala-18650-2600-battery/217863_500530456.html

Letā€™s refrain from using this name only based on dubious seller claim. If it turns out bad and it is fake, liitokala gets the burn for no reason. Who knows maybe this name is the next ā€œUltrafireā€ where every seller and manufacturer claim to make/sell them. :smiley:

the basens in the test that you link to had real basen wrappers, the basens in the group buy did not have real basen wrappers.
but they still could have been the same battery inside, or the same battery as the liitacalaā€¦
i have not seen a discharge test and review on the fake wrapper basens. and thereā€™s two fakes to test.

Performance of your aforementioned high-drain 26650's: preposterously underwhelming. :TIRED:

I'd better stick an ANR26650M1A/B LiFePO4 on a mech mod, as far as vaping performance is concerned of course.

Sorry tarver but that is not true.
My Basenā€s that I received in the group buy are genuine with genuine wrappers.
They also have a hologram & scratch off security verification code & when I enter the code in the Basen security verifier I get this messeage
ā€œHello, the batteries or chargers that you are checking now is original one which is produced by Basen Technology, please feel free to use it!ā€
I am pretty sure that the Basenā€s I got from the group buy are authentic :wink:
As to there being 2 fakes to test I think that you should go back to the Basen thread as maybe you have not seen the later posts & clarifications, including specs from Basen themselves.
There were 2 genuine versions of this cell available at about the same time & some members got the earlier version whilst some members got the newer version.
The older version weighed about 95g (confirmed by Basenā€s specs) & when discharged at lowish maā€s showed around 4700mah.
The new improved version weighs about 90g (again confirmed by Basenā€s own specs for their new cell) & when discharged shows about 4300mah.
Although the new ā€œimprovedā€ cell is lighter & has a little less capacity it also has less internal resistance so has slightly less voltage sag when used on high drain.
Either version is a very good cell for the money & I have seen no reports of fakes once the misunderstanding regarding the new & older versions was explained & also it was realised by one poster that his testing was incorrect giving the impression that there were 3 different cells when in fact there was just 2 versions, both genuine, just one being a newer but still authentic version :slight_smile:

A proper model number stamped on the wrapper would have done away with any confusion.

I think that a lot of the problem is the fact that as there are so many fake Chinese items of all sorts in the market place that we as buyers are rightly suspicious of the slightest deviation from what we perceive to be a genuine item.
But yes something on the wrapper, packaging, invoice or selling site de-noting that there was a new version with slightly different specs would have stopped any confusion.
If this had been a new version of something from a respected manufacturer from another part of the world then even without confirmation from the manufacturer that the item had been changed there would probably not have been an issue but as we all know where China & cells are concerned you do need, understandably, to be cautious.
Anyway I am confident that my Basenā€s are genuine & perform perfectly well in my lights :slight_smile:

By the way, this may be a tad off-topic but, after a more careful check on that high drain 26650 battery review, I can clearly see lots of batteries with large button tops attached. Know what? I more or less recently detached (with multitool plus cut-off disks) the LB tops of a pair of King Kongs I was making a power-bank with, and discovered that puny 2mm wide and ā…œinch long strips of unknown material were the connectors between the real flat top of the battery and the fake LB top.

Mind you, when you try to pump 30A out of a battery, just 0'01Ī© of connection resistance will drop a massive 0'3V and a whopping 9W of power through itā€¦

For comparison purposes, ā‰ˆ22'85mm of 28AWG copper wire has that resistance.

FYI: just checked out the conductivity of Nickel, the material those bonding strips are usually made if I'm not wrong: less than Ā¼th the conductivity of copper. Uuuh! :TIRED:

More info: AWG28 copper wire has slightly more conductivity than a 2Ɨ0'15mm nickel strip (not to say some of those strips are made of nickel-coated steel).

What do you think about this?

P.S.: 0kay, 4th edition in a row. Take care.

I think you are right on. I have mentioned the possible issues with button top IMRā€™s several times on the forum, but it seems to fall on deaf ears.
AFAIK, no manufacturer of IMR cells makes button tops. The after market adds them later. If they use the same puny weld joints as for ICRā€™s, there will be performance hits or problems. High drain cells like IMRā€™s are meant to be welded into packs to accommodate the very high currents they can produce.

:person_facepalming:
Take it easy Mooch, take it easy my dear. :smiley:

My latest reply on this matter in the e-cigarette-forum.com

Cheers :partying_face:

those look like common chinese cells.i will find the brand and post it.might lead to a datasheet.

On a side note: King Kong INR26650s should get a more or less noticeable improvement when discharged at 7+A if de-domed. It may even allow the cell to perform at 10A.

If a top is required, my recipe is copper sheet wrapped āˆ…8/10Ɨ1'5mm disc shaped neodymium magnets.

I noticed when I removed protection from some 26650 here the ribbon to the raised top and to the board was very thin.btw all my kk are flat top with no sign of any such issue.

That ribbon is meant to carry a tiny wire to feed a few Ī¼A to the protection IC, no need for more. :wink:

the ones between board and cell neg,cell + to top are the real issue.
and those may be BAK china cells.
bak
look at the pics.

To the OP: This is off topic was the ā€œOMFGā€ really necessary?

OMFG (#2)@urbandictionary.com