Opinion : Simon should create an AAA Convoy T1

Checking Simon’s Aliexpress store, I remark that the only offering available in AAA format is that little keyring lamp :

I’m thinking that a small, single cell T1, with a reverse clicky button instead of a rotating head, might be interesting. Essentially it’d be a much downsized T2/T3.

As an additional perk, an accessory tube would be available to turn the single cell T1 into a dual cell T1 bis penlight.

Thanks to such a feature, and also a much better choice of emitters, it could provide good competition to Lumintop’s Tool AAA.

What do you guys think ?

2 Thanks

I guess it depends what you think the AAA tool is lacking…?

The Convoy AA models are too chunky for me to consider, I’d hope the hypothetical T1 is at least as all as the ToolAAA, preferably smaller.

If you’re in the market for a nice clicky AAA, have you looked at the Reylight pineapple mini?

1 Thank

Hard to make good Lumintop Tool Ti successor.

I have the SS light seen in the OP. Sometimes put it in my dress shirt when I’m going out. Or any other (shiny) AAA light. Just to be able to get out when the lights go out. Others would use a smartphone. No need for Simon to bust his chops trying to do better.

Yes, I’m thinking more users will use the flashlight APP on their mobile phones.

4 Thanks

Nice emitter options, first and foremost. I had to make a Frankentool with a Thrunite Ti3 head and the Tool AAA body.

Also I’d like the flexibility of turning it into a penlight thanks to an extension tube, which the Tool AAA doesn’t provide.

I fully agree. I already think that the T3 and T4 should have been made slimmer than the T2. So for an AAA flashlight, slimness will be even more important.

Yep, I even ordered one… which I never received due to the idiotic and incompetent postal workers in my country :man_facepalming:. Now I’m looking forward to Rey reopening orders.

Thanks for chiming in Simon.

Personally I don’t use a mobile phone, buteven for people who use mobile phones a small dedicated flashlight can be (1) more ergonomic and (2) safer to use : thieves don’t care about flashlights, but they always look for a mobile phone to steal.

But I understand how this could be a niche market amongst your existing customer base.

Ah I’ve been spoilt by my 219b Tool AAA Cu. Perhaps the better option would be convincing lumintop to do a special edition run with 219b or 519a?

The tool could do with a better pocket clip, also.

Not sure there’s enough demand to justify an extension tube, 2xAAA doesn’t seem that popular a format.

Good luck with your reylight reorder! The Ti version is popular but I do really like my (cheaper) Aluminium version. I’m tempted by the 2xAAA version when it comes out, unfortunately the heads aren’t compatible due to LVP.

If the 2*AAA flashlight is mounted on the key chain, it will look very long… Will it be inconvenient for carrying?
Or are you used to carrying this flashlight in your bag?