Opple Light Master 4 discussion thread (new 2023 model)

you are correct, CIE chart now works to show the wrong duv.
I personally feel sorry for that, I gave your duv inaccuracy feedback to the other colleague long ago. maybe there does exist some bureaucracy issue.

4 Thanks

It takes time to implement changes, especially in a large company. I appreciate that Opple is taking the time to improve the software. :slight_smile:

1 Thank

I wonder why they do not open ML4 Bluetooth protocol. We all pay only for device, so open source app would be huge advantage for Opple…
There are a lot of features that could be realised using LM4 hardware, but I doubt that there will be anything other than the basic functionality in official app.

2 Thanks

sorry for all of this.
there are two approaches to retrieve sensor data, one is through ble protocol, the other is through serial protocol. I’ll give you the commands that can retrieve a lot of information from the device. first you need to prepare type-c wire(just normal Android charging wire) and a serial port, cut the USB end of the wire, and connect it to the serial port, then you can use software like “sscom.exe” to retrieve info from the device.
as for ble protocol, maybe later.

6 Thanks

instead of writing a mobile app utilizing ble protocol. why not write a Windows app based on Qt or MFC and open source it? maybe this will also give me a lot of help :grinning:

4 Thanks

btw, Windows has ble functionality also. and Qt supports ble too.
connection is kind of like this.

4 Thanks

Definitely interested. I started a project with a few other people to try and extract raw data from it, but I’ve barely had any time to work on it since due to other stuff going on in my life.

3 Thanks

thank you for your interest in Light Master 4.
I personally want to share all the stuff with you guys, but you know Opple is a commercial company, so ble protocol sharing may be a little difficult.
btw, I did some experiments with matlab trying to simulate “Calibration Matrix” method as outlined in the official documents, the result is not comparable with machine learning method. oops. is it because the CM is too huge so under-fitting can easily happen? after all, with 8 channel values, if you want to get 401 data points spectrum, you need to infer a coefficient matrix with 8 * 401 size.
so the inaccuracy problem regarding flashlight seemingly lies in calibration light sources, that’s to say, I need to add flashlight in my calibration light sources instead of just ceiling light and desk lamps.

5 Thanks

The Opple delivering information on usb2ser is nice. I’ll try when I am back home. Should have a ftdi device lying around. It’s sensor data in plain ASCII I presume?

2 Thanks

Yong, the most advantage of Opple Light Master is a mobility. A wired solution limited to the desktop would greatly reduce Opple’s value. Could you please share the BLE protocol and explain how can 3rd-party Android application connect to the Opple (3 and 4) using BT? Thanks.

P.S. MFC (and even Qt) is a bygone era. :wink:

2 Thanks

A wired solution would be excellent for automating measurements while testing.

for example, the command"test getvalues" would give “F1: 326, F2: 462, F3: 801, F4: 1355, F5: 2017, F6: 2625, F7: 3942, F8: 3337, clear: 6544, nir: 632”. and there are other commands. for example get calibration coefficients and so on.

1 Thank

I’d like to, perhaps in the future. I must persuade other people to consent to share the BLE protocol, if you want to develop 3rd-party android/ios app you should follow the protocol to communicate with the device.

4 Thanks

TimMc, you are always so considerate :slight_smile:
I learned from sales agent that there are also complaints from domestic customers. I feel sorry for all of this personally, but the situation is kind of complicated as I mentioned above.

4 Thanks

I would ready to follow the BLE protocol if it was published. :slightly_smiling_face: Yong, thank you for the update, i will wait.

If Yong is able to share the SERIAL data it might prove immensly helpful, especially in other areas… :wink:

I suggest we work with him to get the SERIAL messages and work from there!

1 Thank

Yeah. I followed up privately about LM3 and LM4 commands. There’s a Discord chat. :slight_smile:

1 Thank

The server should be set to allow anyone to invite, ping me if not and I can create a new invite link. I really need to find some time to actually work on the project…

To not blow up something: USB TX,RX is connected to the serial TX,RX signals? And that works for LM3, too?

You might be able to connect the LM3 to a PC using a micro USB to USB-A cable and interact with it that way without a FTDI breakout.

3 Thanks