Opple Light Master 4 discussion thread (new 2023 model)

Complete nonsense. (very polite expression) Showing in lux, what the human eye cannot see…

it’s from as7341 official document, you can download from ams-osram website.
the IR response should be filtered out to make Led measurement more accurate?

1 Thank

OK. Thank you!

Figure 19 on Page 16 of the AS7341 data sheet:

In my opinion, it’s just that we need to understand the nuances of its use.

It’ll be easier.

850nm LED module.

I found my old luxmeter for comparison.

That isn’t lux though. It’s relative spectral response - if I understood it right, how much energy there is apparent for each given wavelength compared to a theoretical “perfect” broad spectrum emitter (e.g. 1.0 is perfect, >1 means the response will read higher, <1 means lower, if readings were taken using the reference source). Here is the reference energy:

(broader context: Standard illuminant - Wikipedia)

I’m not going to discuss the theoretical (practical) features of the sensor. In other measuring devices this feature would be needed, perhaps if it is properly interpretation.
In this device, the IR radiation that the human eye cannot see from some light sources completely distorts its lux readings. Did you watch my video?

YouTube works :slight_smile:

100% works. And ???

Is IR likely to distort the lux readings if you conduct the tests in a dark room with only one light source (i.e. the flashlight being tested)?

Why ask a question that has an obvious answer? Of course not, if it’s a LED flashlight.
I am using LM in my work.

can’t get what you mean :sweat_smile:

what don’t you understand?

you said "But the lack of such a small thing as an IR filter is nonsense, in my opinion. " so IR response part will or will not distort lux reading in the end? seems there are contradictions in your saying.
sorry I a newbie of lighting aspect thing.

As far as I understood, the LM is ok with LEDs but not with Xenon or sunlight.

OK, got it.

The manufacturer should have originally included an IR filter in the design and calibrated readings with it. Perhaps it can be done in the firmware - ignoring IR spectrum. But this is again a question for the manufacturer.

1 Thank

Yes. Any light source that has near-IR in its spectrum.

IR spectrum already omitted. the sensor has IR reading, we just did nothing with the reading.

1 Thank