OPUS BT C3100 v. C2400 -- for NIMH only... any difference?

Is there any advantage to the BT C2400 over the BT C3100 when charging NIMH such as Eneloop? Is the cutoff algorythm exactly the same?

Most of my lights have USB-C charging, so I only have four that don’t and already have a single slot LittoKala 100C for LION. Basically, that is my only question.

I have devices I’m switching over to NIMH from Alkaline. Will charge about 30-40 batteries once every few months.

The BT3100 and the BT c2400 are only $3 different in price, so I would buy BT C3100 b/c of its versatility… BUT ONLY if the BT C3100 does not handle NIMH as well, then I won’t.

Take this with a grain of salt as I’m no expert, and have no experience with the 2400. I use my BT C3100 v2 to charge both my standard Eneloops and Eveready NiMh and it works beautifully. I charge AA’s at 1A (1000 ma) and AAA’s at 500 ma. No problems with termination/overcharging/ overheating. The only disadvantage I could see is the 4 bay limit if you have more cells to charge at one time.

I have the Everactive NC3000 which should be the same or maybe almost the same as the Opus 2400 (same technical data as far as I see), I have also the Opus BT-C3100. The C3100 is a “native” NiMH-charger which get a LiIon-charging-function IMHO.

Both are good NiMH-chargers, the C3100 can also charge LiIon, but I don´t use it in this way. Some ppl are satisfied, other say it overcharge LiIon.

If you don´t need it for LiIon, I would recommend the 2400. The C3100 annoys me with it´s noisy fan, which also works often if I charge one cell with 1A(!), so my vote for NiMH-only goes to the 2400. Also because I trust a charger with separate, stable slots for AA and AAA more than the Slider-slots for many different cells you maybe never use.

1 Thank

Charged now a lot of cells with the C3100, room temp about 22°. The fan of the charger was almost always active, even with one cell @1000mA . I replaced all cells at the end and after 30s the fan was still active, then I plugout the charger.

It would be a less annoying charger without fan or with a better fan control