Opus BT-C3100 v2.2 group buy @ $38.99, now started. ( currently @ $36.49, no coupon needed)

And if youre proficient with a brick you dont need keys to get into your car either.

Some people have both battery types, its not convenient to get the screw drivers out to set the supposedly convenient charger to do the job.

Mine is pretty much silent, a tiny fan kicks on if you charge on all 4 slots at full power, pretty sweet !

Well, I’ve just bought it.
Let’s hope that it will be silent enough to to don’t bother my wife… :slight_smile:
Thanks to all for the informations

I just found some bugs in the v2.2 charger.

1. It seems to not recognise non-rechargeable AA batteries. It will attempt to charge them.

2. You can charge NiMH batteries at 1000mA! Mix some Li ions with the NiMHs and keep pressing “Slot” until all active channels are flashing. You can then set all active channels to charge at 1000mA, including the NiMH. I did not let the charging continue as I am afraid of killing my NiMH or causing then to explode.

NiMh wont explode at 1A charging rate :D!

Even AAA sized one wont, unless being of poor quality.

Regular, 2,000mAh Eneloops are best charged at 1000mA! (.5c)

If you don’t want to unscrew the bottom, just Dremel out a football shape hole over top of the switch location and vacuum out the plastic bits.
Easy enough to get to the switch with small toothpick/screwdriver etc.

I’m thinking of buying this charger, any idea how long it would take for this charger to get to California from Gearbest (it says: Ships within 3-5 business days) and is there any discount codes available?

Thanks,
Mo.

Right now there is promo for this charger at Gearbest for $36.49

http://www.gearbest.com/chargers/pp_173012.html

As for the shipping time, perhaps previous USA buyers can chime in here.

I am still waiting for mine from around the start of April. The typical “up to 25 BUSINESS days” response when I inquired where it was. I did not even get any confirmation email until I asked them what the order number was…. then they had all that information suddenly… I think it shipped the 7th of April according to them…

I am looking forward to it, but am finding GearBest to be slower than Banggood or Fasttech by a wide margin, so I am avoiding ordering from them if I can…

does it have a battery storage charge mode ? where it charges to optimal voltage for storage ?

anyone who have moded it to quickly select 4.2 or 4.3 volt batteries with minimum surgery ?

however i had charged samsung icr -30a extracted from laptop to 4.3 volts using my diy lm317t liion charger circuit .. and tested in opus ..it didtn complaind that the cell is 4.35 volts and happliy performed the discharged test .. i got 300mah more capacity when it ws charged to 4.3 volts compared to 4.2 volts.

is there a new code?

I cut a small piece of plastic out of the bottom. The switch is right there, maybe a half inch away or less. Mine is a version 2.1. I’ve been using it a lot, never had a fan issue or any issue for that matter. Very nice unit!! I could make use of a second one, if I can find us a code I’ll share it here. :slight_smile: