Orbira Corporation.....Luxury LED Flasnlights

Holy crap !

Those look like Ultrafire cells with paper labels !

(edit) Gords beat me to it.

:bigsmile:

Trustfire cells + paper wrapping + wood = expensive firelighter :slight_smile:

it all looks like computer art, no actual flashlight is photographed. An art project?

If someone would like a wood tube around a light, or wood inlayed in a light, send me a PM. I can hand checker, too.

sorry, I don’t do gold plating or titanium nitride.

I’ve only done this to gun stocks, because I don’t have any motivation to do it to flashlights, but it would cost MUCH less than $300 if someone wanted to ‘provide’ the motivation….

Old Lumens once got a rather nice woody… Another Black 1D Mag Mod - Or, hey everybody, I've got a Woodie. It's Finished, beam shots are up

yes, beautiful work on that light.

w/ smaller lights its feasible to use a bored out solid piece and checker it, as opposed to veneer.

I metal checkered my entire DRY battery tube. it needs some polishing but I’ll plan to post pics by summer time.

I would very much like to see that.

I got a bad vibe about these, my guess is there rebrands or clones.

It only takes a light, to get the fire going, and soon al those around, will warm up in its glowing…LOL

I was just browsing Wallbuys, and thought I had seen this before:

http://orbita.com/slimline-stainles/

Oh my, look at this. Someone actualy bought one.

Wow. That’s something. And the “premium” batts it came with are Uniquefires. Some people have too much money I guess.

And it looks like a mod deleted a post that noted its similarity to an Ultrafire.

Remember the days when anything that came with Crapfire batteries would have been shouted down as garbage immediately by the mods over there, and now the mods are protecting them? Is Orbita paying for ads over there?

How can they not see that it is identical to an Ultrafire XG-V3, which itself ripped off the design of the Lumencraft Gatlight. Why do people keep falling for this crap?

Yup, the gay light is a rebrand of the clone with different driver and secondary led’s. even if there doing the upgrades themselves the prices are a hefty markup

CPF was pretty harsh to those that called out the last remarketter that payed for ads. Deleting threads, giving warnings and I think there where a few bans. That person had actually shook hands with Gretta and she had handled his lights at a ShotShow. I’m glad cpf is a little calmer this time, though I’m suprised since Gatlight’s are pretty sweet and coveted by many

That is so disappointing to read the above about what goes on at CPF. I’m also amazed that the value added practice that is used in the example of these otherwise budget light hosts can be successful.

Here is my ‘Lighthouse’ light. For work, I needed a couple of lights I could find in my duty bag at night in a hurry if I had to attach one to a picatinny rail, so I added some tritium vials to a couple of Convoy hosts. On the S4 I drilled right through the reflector so it also always is illuminated in the dark if you are looking at it head-on. In this shot on the S4 the light is turned on, and it is spilling out through the vials. I does cut down on the total lumens that are thrown forward, if I need more forward throw then I do not use this S4 and just grab another instead:

I also added a larger tritium vial to the bottom of the LCD display on my VHF radio to help locate that in the dark as well, seems like a worthwhile simple project. I got the vials from the CPF seller (Steve Ku) that was vouched for by Chloe and another in a previous thread and he is indeed a top notch seller.

To be fair, the guy who bought it seems to have paid $100 for the light and accessories instead of $195 as listed on Orbita’s site. The Ultrafire XG-V3 sold for between $50-60 and seem to be sold out everywhere, and the accessories are worth about $10-15. So, if Orbita is selling the sets for $100 to everyone, it doesn’t seem as unreasonable as I’d originally thought. At least, not as unreasonable as it was at $195.

I love how people read through a thread and quote relevant details. …

Oh give me a clone, with a laser as shown :

HERE

A few were deleted, but in the end I got a PMed explanation that the deletions were due to linking to BLF (which they don’t like due to the abuse of them on some threads here) instead of pointing out similarities to the XG-V3. I am still slightly skeptical that that was actually the sole reason they were deleted originally, but since then any that don’t link to BLF have been left alone.

Yes, my comment on the price increase being only a little steep based on the ‘value added’ was taking into account the discounted prices they are sold for at the moment, not the supposed retail price. I would say light = $50, lantern base = $7, batteries = $8, charger = $7, holster = $3. Which takes it up to around $75.

I was disappointed that while they’ve removed the programmable bits of the UI (for instance a hidden ramping feature), they haven’t removed all of the cues for accessing it; leaving a now pointless flash 2 seconds into medium mode.