Ordered My First Knife - Hope I'm not starting another addiction! (EDIT - On to My 3rd Now!)

If you want a budget assisted opener look at Kershaw. They sell a few AO models at wal-mart so if you ever get questioned as to the legality of it just say, “I bought it at wal-mart, so it must be legal” :bigsmile:

Any specific model#'s to look at? Or links?

-Garry

@DBCstm

Can you Tell me whats This Nice outdoor pen?

Every flashlight you buy will be virtually obsolete in a few years .

The knives you buy will be just as functional thousands of years from now .

I shouldn’t do this but……

Kershaw/ZT Forum

DasEtwas, it’s from Valiant Concepts http://valiantconcepts.com/index.php/products/keychain-pen they have some new things I hadn’t seen before, gonna have to peruse their site again! :slight_smile:

Oh no. I should not have read this thread.

Yeah, I think I should just forget I ever posted this thread and walk away. :)

-Garry

WARNING! This can happen to YOU!

Assisted opening is so 5 minutes ago. You want assisted opening AND closing!

I got this one a year ago. Nothing like the "clack!" "clack!" of the blade flying out the front with a push of a button then flying back in with another push. Hours of entertainment and when you can get a quality clone of a $400-$600 knife for just around $30 you just have to indulge yourself.

I think I saw a youtube video where the guy got this clone and put it through some torture test expecting it to break immediately, but was quite surprised at the outcome. It passed with flying colors and the guy was just kind of chuckling to himself about it. I’ll see if I can find it.

The Cryo and Cryo II seem to be popular stepping stones into the Kershaw/ZT world. The Kuro can be found at some walmarts for 20 bucks.

The ZT 0350 is my current EDC.

You are definitely in danger of getting a new addiction. No doubt. I am however a bit worried you will manage to get out of it rather quickly since there is a risk you get disappointed with the size and quality of some knifes. It is important you get off to a good start with some overwhelming positive experiences so the addiction really sticks. Get yourself some quality stuff and keep away from the Manafont copies/bling-bling if you’re after anything else than just eye candy. I use folding knifes regularly (scout leader + country boy) and it is definitely worth some extra $ to get some ‘real’ Chinese stuff.

I also agree with bgyen above. The EM01 is small. Actually it is tiiiiny. So tiiiny it’s even legal in the UK. I suggest you get yourself a RAT-1, EL-01 and a plain edge SRM 913P immediately. These knifes are still budget but solid and can actually be used for something else than just playing with.

Try these models and you will be hooked 100%. Then contact BLF member Suingab for some custom scales and you’re way beyond rescue. There you go

What’s the throw like on these babies?

Pretty shiny things that are bright is tough to resist. Pretty shiny things that are sharp is tougher. I’m going to limit myself to one edc. There have been many times when I wished I had a blade on me (each time was for utilitarian reasons).

Gotta look up the legal length for a concealed knife in my state.

That Cryo II looks like a sure thing to me! I will definitely be picking that up as another beater soon. The Blur is also a very popular knife as well and can be bought at Walmart. There is a guy on that sight I linked earlier that has his own website and I’ve found he is the absolute best about delivery and customer service on any Kershaw or ZT knife in the business. His name is Dave and here is his sight.

Kershawguy.com

Make sure to check out his “blems” with very minor cosmetic imperfections and it can save a ton on retail pricing. The blems don’t come with a warranty but at those prices they are almost a throw away item. If you do get a BNIB item Kai or Kershaw/ZT have the absolute best warranty bar none.

The 350 has been in my pocket most days as well. It shares a little time with my 550 but the slimmer profile wins out most of the time.

WHich light is that?

That is a Sunwayman V10R Ti+ with the AA extender and a custom anodized control ring. Not a budget light by any means…

Just to show a bit off….

Thats how a budget knife should look like. :wink:

Damnit! I wished someone said “it´s an Ultrafire XY from Fasttech for 15USD”…

sorry, em01 is NOT uk legal, its a locker, blade length is acceptable, lock is not.

Just needed to clarify that in case any uk peeps read this and don’t check up.

Horrible legal beagle bit out of the way, the en01 I got off bak is a really nice small knife, I’ve been carrying it since I got it and it see’s daily use. I’ve also got a sanrenmu h02 and h02, both are small slip joint knives (uk legal) but both are very nice to use, the h02 is my dress edc, its nice with blue faux pearl scales and a rainbow tension bar.

My next purchase will be a wooden handled uk legal knife, chloe gave me a good link but I’ll be hunting for more, a gentlemans folder if you will and definitely none tacticool (less hassle over here with our irritating draconian knife limits).

My advice Gary, wait for one to come in, carry it a bit then decide if its good or not, what you want different, then order the ten or fifteen that fit your new found parameters. …. :bigsmile: