Oshpark Projects

Just got all the parts for 3 of the knuckleheads, better double check that I got the right stuff!

Thanks for the head's up Scott!

Yea, digikey carts have always come up wrong when Iā€™ve tried them. Mouser works.

When you click the shortened link to a pre-populated cart, it adds the items to anything already in your cart from your last visit. Delete cookies and/or manually clear/create a new empty cart before clicking the shortened links.

Also, this: http://www.digikey.com/classic/Ordering/AddPart.aspx?WT.z_cid=Shared_Cart

...is not the correct link! The link has to be the one that shows in the little pop-up box, NOT the URL you get in the address bar after pasting in the shortened link.

SRK-DD: http://www.digikey.com/short/9487m

17DD & 20DD: http://www.digikey.com/short/94qdc

15DD: http://www.digikey.com/short/948qc

Copy these links & paste into the OP, NOT the URL those links take you to.

Thanks, Iā€™ll fix the op.

This leads to the main OSH page, yesterday it was a broken link!
Anyways, I ordered those other switch boards :slight_smile: and now I wait, OSH says
they should be back from fabrication on May 5ā€¦

Those little SOT-23 sized FETā€™s thatā€™s in the 15DD cart, are they only needed for the 15 and not the 17 or 20 because of the physical size or does the normal 70N02ā€™s not work with the 15DDā€™s for some other reason?

Just size. The control side is the same on all these - same MCU, same resistors, everything the same as the Nanjg 105C. Only the power-handling, high current side is different.

This is what happens with the big TO-252/DPAK on a 15mm board:

The original version doesnā€™t provide any benefit. I removed it just to avoid duplication, clutter, confusion. I didnā€™t notice that a link to the original was still up there.
Comfychair reported (post #539) that he could still see light through the vias despite the soldermask over them. On v2 you can solder over the vias on the back.

Oh, and if you ever need a different size just let me know. Changing the board size is quick. Down to about 9.5mm dia at least.

I think Iā€™ve fixed all the links in the op carts and done some other updating. I notice the large cap is no longer in the cart for the SRK. Is the SRK version good to go?

With fast-PWM firmwares there's no more squealing so no need for the cap to quiet anything down.

Forgot to say THANKS :wink: Helios, I requested this boards long time ago and after that just didnā€™t have enough time to follow all threads here, didnā€™t even noticed that you made this boards.
I ordered 9 boards and this tact switches from DX (www.dx.com/p/275664) :party:

I found a oopsie on the 15DD...

If you put the Nanjg's 'R1' (19.1k) where it says 'R1', and the 'R2' (4.7k) where it says 'R2', the MCU will detect a 4.1v battery voltage as 6.7 volts. The traces are good, just the silkscreen labels are swapped around. Put R2 where it says R1, and R1 where it says R2, and everything works fine. :p

Nice catch, I havenā€™t looked at mine yet. USPS lost the first set for a week and the folks at Oshpark sent me new ones that should be there when I get home. Now ill have six and gave away most of those little fets. I think Matt may have forgotten to swap the labels when he rerouted the trace.

From the photo, it looks like there are other problems with the 15DDā€¦ pins 1,2,and 3 on the processor look like they are all connected to ground. Pin 1 is RESET and will turn off the processor. Pins 2 and 3 are configuration stars and should not be permanently wired to ground.

Hey guys Iā€™m giving away the 3 15DD V2ā€™s I got, if any of you main guyā€™s needs one you can have it without being in the contest (however your still welcome to join if you just like contests). No stipulations on them & free shipping.

There's no ground plane there, I used weird side lighting to try to make the traces stand out to show which resistor has the path to ground. There's nothing under pins 1/2/3.

So stars 2,3,or 4 woukd need a jumper to get to ground?