Oversized 21700 in Convoy Z1?

What’s going on homies i’m new here.

Got a question. I own a vapcell P2150A (75mm long because button-top & usb circuits) and was wondering if anyone knows if it’d fit and work in a Convoy Z1 ( Z1 specs say max 21700 length is 71mm)

Browsing the forums general consensus seems do be No, but I’m hoping Convoy springs might accomodate the +4mm :crossed_fingers:

Edit: I believe it’s a 5A driver

1 Thank

Which driver?
Some have a post and some have a spring.

1 Thank

Oh my bad didn’t know. The W5050SQ3 sorry thats the LED. I’ll find the driver

I believe it’s a 5A driver(?) the specs say: 12groups output 3V 5A

I’d be hesitant to it. There are some risks you should consider:

1. You can decompress springs permanently and then 7.0 cm cell will not catch contact on both ends
  2. When springs are over compressed the light tends to tremble/shiver or change modes at slight bumps
  3. Double protections (same in driver and in cell) may cause conflicts e.g. it may cut off power at higher amps or mess modes like it happens in Emisars
3 Thanks

Thanks for the warning. Yeah I should err on the side of caution, especially since I’m new to battery safety.

1 Thank

I comply with Convoy’s recommendations. For example, I put flat-top Samsung 50E 21700 batteries in my Convoy S21D flashlights. Before I bought my S21D flashlights, I bought button 21700 batteries. Soon after, I understood that I if I used them, I might apply too much force at each end.

1 Thank

You’re right. The flashlight’s so cool, it’d be a shame to ruin it over a battery :+1:

1 Thank

Make yourself at home, cultural!

1 Thank