P60 drop-in for farm use (bright/flood)

What light/drop-in are you typing about? I am still trying to figure out all the tech terms and such. I was wondering about that Fusion 36 but did not know what I need to power the light. I have an old Mag to put one in, but did not know if I could use C cells or would have to mod the light with crazy batteries. I am not that worries about seeing 300 feet anyway as I can not spot things that far away with my eyes.

The drop in is this: http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=10951. Or if you an excellent deal: http://kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=10965. I don't know if I can recommend it directly if you're not willing to play with it a bit, the reflector mine came with creates a hole in the middle (very common for quad die's) which I had to fix by unscrewing it quite a bit. The result is a beam which is nice and broad, with almost no hotspot, just a smooth transition to a brighter beam in the middle.

The fushion 36 works on any 2-6 normal batteries. (1.2-1.5v). More batteries = brighter. Before the xml's came out it was one of the cheapest ways to get >500 lumens if you had a Maglite.

I think you should get a xml first because it's the middle ground between throw and flood. That way you can try it out and see if you want to go either direction.

+1

Hello everyone. Thank you to everyone who has helped me. I ordered these items based on what folks have said:

[SKU:5720] 1 x Ultrafire Cree T6 3-Mode Memory LED Drop-in Module (4.2V max) = $16.35
[SKU:6605] 1 x Ultrafire WF-504B Flashlight Tube w/ Metal Bezel - Black (No LED Emitter) = $8.12
[SKU:4986] 2 x Ultrafire 4 x CR123A/2 X 18650 Battery Holder (2pcs/Set) = $2.72

and two sets 4 total cells of the group battery buy that others led me to on this site for $27 for the 2600MAH cells.

Thank you all very much for the help and advice.

Very good choices! You will be very happy And welcome to BLF, i am also new around here, everyone is very helpful and curtious.

I am enjoying this forum. You do not make me feel bad for not buying a $100 light. You do not argue with me and flame others about how cheap my light is being it is from China. I like what this forum is about.

Great choices! You will be very happy when you fire that thing up. BLF is a great place.

Uh, I just saw your introduction post, and I fear that we might've somewhat mislead you. You mentioned that your vision isn't so great here, but your other post makes it clear you're blind as a bat. :D J/K.

In light of this, an xml isn't a "bad" light, but the hotspot is like only like 1 ft wide and glaringly bright across a room. I suspect you might want to try some satin tape on the lens to diffuse it to be more useful to you.

Did I make a bad choice? I hope not. :) Hmmm I do have some defuser disk tape on the lens of my host that I have, yet it does not make much of a difference to my eyes. The bright light I think will be good for me. I am using a 20W/75W output CF blub in my lamp for my computer....see what I mean about light? LOL :) I trust what people have led me to on this site, so I hope I made the right choice. :)

You did good . Just remember to wrap that dropin with a tinfoil strip until it's a snug fit to provide a good heat pathway to the body of the host .

I am excited and looking forward to my new toy. :)

Manafont isn't so bad compared to lots of other places ..I remember waiting for my first purchases ....a month maybe ?? oh the pain of the wait . This last order from dx took forever .. finally they split the order and sent me halfof my order . the second part has been on ice for a couple months .. dx is enjoying 40$ of mine for 3 months now .. think i'll go change that order right now ....