P60 hosts that the pill screws into them

I saw a thread a few weeks back with a C8 sized/styled p60 host, that the pill actually screwed into the host, rather than “dropped” in like your regular Solarforce does and then used a larger reflector instead of the standard p60 one.

Are there any hosts like this currently available?

I only remember a Trustfire one (probably the one you remember) and I think that one is a little pricey.

-Garry

Why don`t we ask a company to start making one! ?

someone who has close connections….with a flashlight factory……

Here's that one - Trustfire TF-R2 - $29.80 at Lightmalls.

-Garry

Thanks Garry.

And I agree, maybe we should see about a custom BLF one. As this approach pretty much solves the normal p60 thermal path issues, but offers a torch that is easy to upgrade to latest LEDs.

Yeah, the tf-r2 is the one. You need to file the lip off the bottom of the pill so it will clear the threads. They are a nice host, wish I didn’t get rid of mine

I don't think the P-60 is a very good platform; heat transfer is almost non-existent.

The C12 is one C8 style light worth looking at.

My one is significantly less bright than the P60 it contains in anything else - the switch is rubbish and won’t pass 3A. Must get around to replacing it with a high-amp switch.

Unless you wrap the dropin tightly with aluminium foil.

in the tf-r2 the pill is screwed in to the head. so it should be better heat transfer than using the whole drop in

don, that sucks. should be a pretty easy swap though i would think

I looked at this thread and thought WOW that should have been done years ago, reinventing the C8. Drop the threadless reflector in the top, replace the bezel and lense back on. Then lock in with the threaded pill directly to the head from underneath, finger tight only. 3-4 amp modules should be easily handled at this point. I’ve got lots of D26/P60 pills laying around. With copper Sinkpads, direct bonding and those hotrodders running even hotter direct screw in should handle those 5 amp XM-L’s. Switches should be the only weak link left. SolarForce you listening?

the tf-r2 has probably been around for around 2 years now :stuck_out_tongue:

Problem with screw-in setups is that they are likely not gonna be interchangeable. Too many different threading possibilities.. If Solarforce would do that, I would be sure that it works. But try to find an empty C8 pill that fits your C8. ;)

Did you think of the XinTD SC-82 when you meant C8-style lights with screw-in reflectors?

How many different thread pitches on D26 pills to reflector are there?

@Vectrex: Doesnt matter. There are a lot of C8 form factor lights..

@texas: I have "met" 4 different ones. I bet there are a lot more.

are you talking threads on the p60 pill now or c8?

I bought 3 501B’s from somebody (can’t remember who). One of the the “drop-ins” had a threaded ring on the top of the reflector and screwed into the head. It does not appear to have any effect on heat transfer ability.

If you look at the post above mine that you quoted and add "shooter" to "texas", you should know. ;)

i was on my cell when i posted that. never seen them referred to as d26… quick google search, and yes… i look stupid :stuck_out_tongue:
edit: this thread is getting all over the place. started off as looking for a host that the p60 pill screwed in to and had a c8 size reflector. then it went to p60s have poor heat sinking, and not all c8 pills are the same……