PAlight V60 World's smallest 18650 XM-L light! (smaller than SC600)

So that thing will have parasitic drain? :open_mouth:

Needs a 30 lumen and <10 lumen mode instead of the blinkies & fix the mode order. Start on high with turbo last would be OK.

No, I think it wonā€™t, because as far as I understand the description you basically lock it out at the head to ā€œturn it offā€. You can see the anodised threads in the pictures.

Does it have a low voltage cutoff or do you need protected cells?

I hope you enjoy your stay and keep coming back, mie!

This was tempting me to go back to 18650 lightsā€¦

Must resistā€¦

Sorry, I was just joking :slight_smile:

100 lumen low and a turbo sandwiched between strobe and SOS??? Size, smize...that UI is a deal breaker!

That taoboa website mentions ordering a locking spring if you plan on using it as a bike light. Imagine the mode shifting every time you hit a bump lol!

It might not work with different batteries.

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1.3.11.f1d1d7&id=16625875232
ā€ It is recommended that the use PALIGHT original lithium battery, lithium size due to a variety of brands are not uniform or standard, too long or too short may affect the touch shift effectā€

I have a light with a reverse clicky, if i unscrew the tail 70% of the way so itā€™s loose and the spring is barely touching the cell, It changes mode if i bump into the light.

Iā€™d rather not have the touch shift, I plan on using it 90% on high, changing modes with the twist switch cant be that bad within 2 seconds.

So, anybody ordered one?

I want one!

2100 - has yours arrived yet? I admit I find this light intriguing, but I'm still turned off by the UI and possible problems with battery length fitting...

Yeah, they posted it out just last Tuesday. So should be in my mailbox soon these few days.

this flashites is with twist on/off system??
i dont like thisā€¦do you have any idea for another ā€œsmallestā€ 18650 flashlite? xml of courseā€¦

Measurements : (remember the measurements are relative as itā€™s done at the same time)

Palight V60
High - 460 lumens OTF as measured
Turbo - more than 580 lumens OTF in first 5 seconds. 30 seconds later the sliding output due to heat slows and itā€™s about 550 lumens OTF.
Palight V60 Lux = 6500 lux @ 30 seconds mark, in Turbo mode.
SWM M20C XP-G (basically a P60 sized light but itā€™s not a drop-in light) = 7200 lux @ 30 seconds.

N-light ST50 turbo (2 amps) - 390 lumens OTF. Mine is NW, believe it is T5 as there is no mention.

Olight M3X 730 lumens OTF as measured (Manufacturer spec = 700 lumens OTF)
Crelant 7G5 U2 800 lumens OTF (remember this is a U2 and driven pretty hard at slightly over 3 ampsā€¦.dunno perhaps 3.5A?)
SWM M20C XP-G 250 lumens OTF as measured (manufacturer spec = 280 lumens OTF)
Xeno E03 XM-L T5 NW, fully charged IMR - 420 initial OTF lumens but instantly drops to below 400 within 3 seconds and then stabilises at 360 lumens OTF after ~ 20 seconds.

So it looks like the biggest positive is that the output is crazy. Throw is actually very very good for XM-L and small size. The built is very very good, itā€™s Hard Anodisation.

Negative. ~ 200-250Hz PWM present in High-Med-Low. In High it is quite difficult to see the PWM coz itā€™s as if 90% ON and 10% OFF. It is somewhat pronounced in Low mode. There is PWM in Turbo mode as well but only if you wave your fingers in front of the light very fast and even then itā€™s not distracting. (something like the DRY in Turbo, it is there but itā€™s not distracting).
There is quite a pronounced donut in the hotspot.

OTF = Out The Front output

With regards to 18650sā€¦. Solarforce 2400, TF Flames protected, XTAR 18700 and all my other protected cells do not work, as in you cannot change mode by tapping the rear. It just lights up in HIGH. (The XTAR 18700 canā€™t even light up). If you were to twist it ON and OFF fast to change mode treating it as if itā€™s a regular twistie, i donā€™t know i canā€™t get it to change mode in HIGH-Med-Low-Strobe-Turbo-SOS. It changes HIGH-STROBE-SOS-HIGH-STROBE-SOSā€¦. heheā€¦

Sanyo 2600, Panasonic 3100 unprotected all work. Changes mode nicely. Basically this light can only accept unprotected cells.

Thanks for the mini review and specs, 2100, much appreciated.

Well this light has some quirksā€¦.but darn itā€™s so small plus output is so good, and of course low price for a well made light (Hard Anodisation). Iā€™ll EDC it and see. Currently i am EDCing a Xeno E03 and iTP A1.

BTW it comes in a pretty nice and sturdy box. Sorry forgot to take pictures, but itā€™s nice enough like what Xeno lights and Sunwayman lights come in.

I am really getting the hang of the ā€œtouch screenā€ for mode changing.

There is a comment that the modes suck as the Turbo is between the 2 flashing modes. Yesā€¦. But in reality, you can easily skip past the flashing STROBE, because of this ā€œtouch screenā€ tap feature. Pup Pup Pup Pup and there you goā€¦.nearly 600 initial lumens OTF for that WOW demonstration for your friends.

Definitely a pocket rocket.

I could change modes in about 0.15 seconds for each mode. The Strobe canā€™t even really kick in and there I amā€¦in TURBO within 0.8 seconds. :smiley: