[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Majoroverkill, that would be the A037 http://www.optolife.com/singlet_lens/A037.html

If you are not in a hurry, I will be sharing the numbers on my GT after I test it. I don’t expect that much actual gain in throw, tbh, but we shall see. I know it says they have 0 stock, but they made mine to order, although it took a while.

Nodoubt, nah, I’m just gonna go hunting with only the light. Kill&cook with the press of a button :wink:

Sounds Good. Can’t wait to see the outcome. :slight_smile:

Is 120mm big enough or would 200mm work better?

I’ve got a pre-focus lens taken out of a Canon camera lens. Preliminary results of the combination look pretty good.

Hand holding the two lenses in place in front of an emitter…

Stepping up to the more powerful XHP-35 will make a significant difference as well, I would think. It’s just a matter of making the mount for the pre-focus lens so it will be easily adjustable to fine tune delivery to the larger lens.

Don’t know if the GT is the right platform or not, will have to check it and see in the end.

If you can make it fit on the GT, I will be impressed beyond belief :wink:

Have you done anything with it yet? Looks impressive.

Posted some preliminary results from setting it up freehanded, in the previous post.

Bought one of those, very cheaply made and very limited padding only on one side. Doubt it will hold up to hardly any use. Much bigger than the light. Crap in my book.
Here is link with pictures.

Seeing your lens reminded me I had one. Mine is a shade small, coming in at 114mm.

When you get so deep you forget you had a 114mm aspheric, it may be time for flashlights anonymous.

LOL, I know right. I've had my lens for probably 30+ years tucked away. Still looks new. I've been hoping to find a candidate as an implant. Not yet.

And Dale, your 200mm lens is impressive. Close your eyes. Now imagine Beavis (of Beavis & Butthead) chuckling

Using that 200mm lens with the XHP35HI, I wonder how long it will take to burn a hole through the sheet rock? :smiley: :sunglasses:

Oooh. the big lens and Lance of Ra came in to my mind. And my 3D printer. :sunglasses:
I need to find some very big good lens.

What is the max length and diameter of the light?

If you are talking about this plano: https://samsclub.com/ip/ms-fl-medium-pistol-mil-spec-case/prod20870287

I think it’s too small.

They might look the same but they are definitely not… That one from Ali you posted look like poor quality even on pictures…
Size of GB version is very small and should be perfect fit for GT.

I have one question. Neal will send 35e in one parcel with a flashlight or separately with two parcels?

I don’t want to be the one yelling fire in the theatre, but I got a DHL Ecommerce shipping notification today. I don’t have any other scheduled shipments incoming from DHL. Could this be it? Anxiously waiting to see.

Tracking History

December 6, 2017
10:43 am
Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item,
COMPTON, CA 90220
Shipping Partner: DHL ECOMMERCE

December 5, 2017
10:53 am
Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item,
COMPTON, CA 90220
Shipping Partner: DHL ECOMMERCE

So it’s ecommerce DHL, I believe that really could be a GT, but let’s wait for Neal to confirm

I saw that it was DHL and began to giggle :slight_smile:

I fully expected someone to be the practical joker and post that they had received tracking info any day now, so I was apprehensive to even post the info above.

Ordered a few Oslon Black Flat leds , what are thinking for 2+mcd reflector flashlight ? :innocent:

Was me :slight_smile: It is great quality for being cheap and from china.