[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

I have paracord and might remember how to make those braided bracelets, but make it longer for a strap/sling.

Might be my project tonight.

The cheap sling from my S70 worked just dandy with my GT. The strap does not need to be fancy. The S70 sling can not be worth more then a few dollars.

That would actually be a great idea xCentrino!!
Then in case of emergency you always have the option to to ‘unbraid’ the sling & have a good supply of paracord avaiable. :+1:

FWIW the rule of thumb for doing cobra stitch with paracord is 1 foot of cord for each inch of the final product. So a 28” strap will require about 28 feet of paracord. It would also be relatively heavy compared to the alternatives.

I’ve done hundreds of bracelets and lanyards over the years. Piece of cake. But how do you handle the excessively long pieces of paracord when making extremely long objects like a sling, dog leash, etc?

Nvanlaar’s links for page 390.

The Millers Original Group Buy List ending on Nov 11 and #1213

Coyotehawk’s Continuation of the Group Buy List, starting Nov 11 and #1214 - Updated Dec 17

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for first 555 - Updated Dec 15

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for #556 to #1038 - Updated Dec 15.

M4D M4X: For all people who want to let us know the value that should be declared on the parcels:
please take the BLF GT customs declaration survey

Samsung 35E seem ideal, high mAh and good amps.
M4D M4X is doing a groupbuy, here: GROUPBUY: 8pcs Samsung 35E BUTTON TOP for the BLF GT

Video of Drop Test

Coyotehawk will add you to the list when he does his next update. It will be early January when you will get a PM (personal message) and e-mail giving you all the details of where to go and how to pay.

Welcome to BLF.

Coyotehawk will add you to the list when he does his next update. It will be early January when you will get a PM (personal message) and e-mail giving you all the details of where to go and how to pay.

If you think you will want to purchase the batteries that Madmax is offering, go to the link and sign up for them. This helps him know how many he needs to keep on hand. Then you can can add them to your order when you pay for the light.

Welcome to BLF.

I see you are in the US, but have opted for registered mail. Is this correct? Once the light ships out, it may take 2 or 3 weeks through registered mail.

Texas_Ace suggested all US members to go with DHL because it is the same price and much quicker.

Let us know if your mail option is what you requested.

I see you as having a light and batteries and DHL shipping. Once it shops out DHL is usually under a week.

Anything I’ve ever gotten from DHL (which has been quite a few things actually) has come in 3 days. (not counting weekends, but have had them come on Saturday and even once a Sunday)

Edit: I think most of the lights I’ve gotten via DHL were using Express shipping.

The light is $155 while the group buy is open. Any moment now it might close and the price will go up to normal which might be $250.

You can also get 8 cells for $40 if you are so inclined. They will be shipped inside the light so as to make shipping the batteries comply with many customs regulations.

So what’s happening with shipping? Any credible info, not just assumptions? Has been awhile since we heard something.

Nothing’s moving, we’re all just waiting for same thing :weary:

I can’t wait until people start getting the GT and flood the forum with their impressions. That will be a fun time around here.

“it is shipped, when it is shipped”

Giggles!

G_sintornillos your cartoons never cease to make me smile! Cheers

1 week from today is christmas.

I also intend to use one of my S70 or S70S slings :+1:

Please add me to the list for 1

coset7692@mypacks.net

How do I pay the $14 ??

Please don’t post email addresses here.

There are no down payments to make.

Welcome to BLF.