[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Your email is still displayed. Hit the edit button along the bottom and erase it.

Can I please switch to DHL? I wanted to avoid any taxes, but it looks like the price is low enough we won’t be taxed.

Thank you.

-Erick

I’ll tell you what I told Jkatalik4.

What I would do is reply to Neal’s earlier email asking for your phone number, but change the title to “Shipping Change to DHL!”.

This way he has all your info already.

It may be too late for him to change it though, since he’s already left and Lumintop will start shipping them real soon. If Neal gets back before your light is shipped, then he might be able to switch it in time.

Thanks.

In what list of space? What’s the value?

Nvanlaar’s links for page 391.

The Millers Original Group Buy List ending on Nov 11 and #1213

Coyotehawk’s Continuation of the Group Buy List, starting Nov 11 and #1214 - Updated Dec 17

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for first 555 - Updated Dec 15

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for #556 to #1038 - Updated Dec 15.

M4D M4X: For all people who want to let us know the value that should be declared on the parcels:
please take the BLF GT customs declaration survey

Samsung 35E seem ideal, high mAh and good amps.
M4D M4X is doing a groupbuy, here: GROUPBUY: 8pcs Samsung 35E BUTTON TOP for the BLF GT

Video of Drop Test

Your gonna have to be more specific. I have no idea what your talking about.

Make a very long jig.

Edit: rereading your question, I guess you mean the long lengths of working cord. Bunch it up and hold with rubber bands works well I find.

Hello.

If still possible, please add me to the 2nd group buy list. Alternative shipping preferred, as DHL is both a guaranteed tax hit and bigger hassle to declare.

Coyotehawk will add you to the list when he does his next update. It will be early January when you will get a PM (personal message) and e-mail giving you all the details of where to go and how to pay.

Welcome to BLF.

Please put me down for a third GT.

Please put me down for a GT

if possible with the name “Giggles” written in comic sans

FOR GAWD’S SAKE… SHIP THEM OUT ALREADY!!! :rage: :person_facepalming:

+1000!! Lol.

Ok, I finally got a bit more info on what is causing the delays with the shipping.

It seems that there were 2 minor issues found during the QC checks that are now having to be fixed manually 1 at a time.

The first is that the rubber switch boots that should have been transparent turned out to be not-so-transparent (think when Thorfire shipped the S70 without a gray switch cover?). So they had to source replacement and are now having to install them in all 1000 lights manually.

The second was that the PCB fab house apparently flipped a 0 in the code to a 1 and caused some minor issues with the firmware. The hardware is fine, no worries. They are having to go through and reflash all 1000 drivers manually though.

Why they didn’t give us these details last week, I am not sure. My guess is they were too busy trying to work them out and with Neal at his wedding it just got delayed in reaching us.

The plus side is that they caught the issue before they were shipped out and saves everyone the hassle of having to sort these out later.

No word on when they will start shipping yet. As soon as the issues are sorted out I am sure. I am not sure if they will ship them out as they are done or if they will wait until all 1000 are ready first.

You can do anything you want to it after you receive it. Lumintop is just making them and won’t take custom orders.

Well it’s better they caught the mistakes than us.

Thanks for the update TA!
They can leave the not-so-transparent switchcover on my GT and put a spare transparent in the box.
Firmware has to be good, so i am more then happy that Lumintop does a great job on the QC part (remember the first batch of Q8’s ? :stuck_out_tongue: )

OK, Thanks for the update TA it’s better to have them checked and re-checked to make sure everything is going to be perfect for the end user, since this light has drawn lots of attention from the flashlight community and manufacturers alike to the LuminTop brand, they seriously better not drop the ball…

Guess I won’t be having it for Christmas… :cry:

But good things come for those who wait…! :+1:

Bummer i was gonna use it for Christmas entertainment . Better to have it later and perfect than sooner and messed up.