[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

FRONT GLASS PROTECTION for BLF GT

Hi everybody!

- I found this "hood hat" used for photography lenses (I use them on my gear and are very good quality) that should be fine for protecting the front of our beloved BLF GT!

- I still didn't get my GT, but already ordered one of these because it's very cheap ($9.95) and the specs seem to be perfect: "Fits 5.00 to 5.75" (12.7 to 14.6 cm) diameter lens hoods"

- I want to keep my GT safe when it arrives, especially considering the huge front lens...

- I paste link below. There's also a video on the site showing the product.

- LINK: https://bhpho.to/2DfTz3N

Hope this helps, cheers! :)

PS: I started a new thread with the info few hours ago because this one was locked. Now that's working again I thought it was worth sharing here for GT current & future owners ;)

I mentioned this as a “guesstimate” at one time…

I am also interested to know…

My postal scale says the GT weighs 5 pounds, 0.1 ounces when loaded with 8 Samsung 30q button tops.

That’s 2.27 kilos.

That's a hefty flashlight!

Thanks

Trustfire T90-2 1428g without batteries.
Fresh memories. A few days ago I modded one with XHP70.2 :slight_smile:

In another GT thread, someone mentioned not receiving a printed manual with their light.

My light came with a single sheet of A4 paper printed on both sides, folded into quarters.

Here are two .JPG scans. I reduced the dimensions a bit to allow for printing on letter-sized (8.5x11”) paper.

The first QR code on panel 8 of the manual leads to this thread.

The second QR code on panel 8 of the manual leads to Lumintop’s homepage.

The QR code inside the tailcap also leads to Lumintop’s homepage.

The tailcap QR code is visually different, and even has the Lumintop bunny in the middle! :partying_face:

FWIW, Lumintop’s support page doesn’t appear to have a .PDF manual for the GT yet.

EDIT: User steel_1024 posted a Google Drive .PDF link to the printed manual in this thread

I’m eyeing these on Amazon and I’m not sure whether to purchase XL or XXL.

XXL seems like the better option but I think RobertB bought an XL and his fits perfectly.

Mine arrived as well via DHL. I am located in Sacramento, CA USA. I was thinking the switch cover would be more translucent. Perhaps, as translucent as the Q8.

A big thanks to the BLF GT team for making it happen.

As a side note, for those who are a little worried about receiving follow up notifications, I had a similar experience. After I was sent the PM to pay and paid it, I never received a follow up email from Neal. I PM’d him with my BLF username and phone # anyways and and never got a response either. I am sure he is in over his head with PM’s, emails, and life and just waited knowing I will be taken care of. I checked the list of the people that paid and my name was on there. Today, I received my GT. In the end, things went through as intended.

Happy New Years.

no way! thats awesome that you received! I have ordered one from first batch and second batch and not even till now have I heard from Neal and never got his email. No DHL shipping email either :frowning:

Group buy is close right?

Sadly all the lights have shipped to the US so far. I think because most of the rest of the world picked registered mail and there were not enough orders to fill a DHL pallet to each country.

XL seemed a "tight" fit to me.

I purchased two of the XXL

I have not received my lights or covers to comment further

Door bell just rang!
Batteries on the charger read 4.2v.
Sun is setting right now.

I’ll be off-line for several hours. :smiley:

Please add me to the list

Not yet, they have not told us to close it yet, so we are leaving it open till they do.

They already have 1500 ordered, so I don’t think they are that worried as long as we are below that (or slightly over as some will not make the final purchase).

Yes, the XL. You want it to fit snug. Don’t know, but I think the XXL might be too big.

You can see the seams on this, and fits perfect.

at your service

Huston, The GT will land in 15 minutes!!! DHL called and he is 15 minutes out!!! :+1: :smiley: :smiley: BLF GT’S for EVERYONE! :stuck_out_tongue: 50 years old and giddy as a school boy :laughing: :person_facepalming: :+1:

5 kg… Oh noes, it’s in whatever units…

But what about the emails that everyone got from Neal, I never got any for both lights.
Also I’m not even on the excel list for the second batch, but did pay on the 13th Dec.