[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Could someone please tell me the size of the MCPCB, used the search feature and still could only find two references, Thank You

With batteries now? So shipping seams to be america first, rest of the world second. Sounds all too familiar :smiley:

America probably has the biggest group of lights going there. So if Neal is trying to fill up pallets, then it makes sense. Blame him.

That darn Neal! He shafted us again! Grrrr.

Lol. Just kidding.

Neal was involved in this project very early. Without him the GT might not have been made. It is still early days. You did not expect all 1000 lights to be shipped in under 2 weeks, during Christmas and News Years to boot, did you? No, now that the holidays are over you can expect more shipments coming. Hopefully most of the 1000 lights can be shipped before mid January when another 500+ orders come in.

I’ve got a message from Lumintop:

Hi, for Europe, we can not determine the exact shipping time at that moment, just be a little bit more patience. Once they are ready, I will update you.
Thank you for your understanding and Happy New Year! :)

So we have to be patient, and I will get an update when they are ready to ship.

I think Texas_Ace said it was 35mm, but I don’t know if anyone has actually measured it for sure. We know 20mm mcpcb are too small. Hopefully someone who has taken the head off can measure it. EDIT: It’s actually 45mm.

Another page, another post.

LATEST NEWS:

USA orders with batteries seem to have shipped out today. Notifications are showing up.

It seems the first shipment went out by region instead of the exact order in which we paid, for cost reasons.

Initial quality has been fantastic. A handful of people have gotten opaque black switch covers instead of translucent black. Replacement switch covers are being sent on a case by case basis.

The first shipment of lights (168 total) shipped on Dec 23. This was a pallet going to the USA from the first 576th person on the paid list that did not include batteries. Tracking numbers went out on Dec 27 and lights started arriving to customers on Dec 29th. DHL shipping was very fast and is recommended for all USA buyers in the future.

There should be a European order going out soon.

The next group to purchase lights (#1040 and up on the list or who signed up after 10/23/17) will get their emails mid January instead of early January in order to let Neal get caught up with current orders.

BLF GT official support thread

Nvanlaar’s links.

The Millers Original Group Buy List ending on Nov 11 and #1213

Coyotehawk’s Continuation of the Group Buy List, starting Nov 11 and #1214 - Updated Dec 27

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for first 555 - Updated Dec 15

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for #556 to #1038 - Updated Dec 10 or 12.

M4D M4X: For all people who want to let us know the value that should be declared on the parcels:
please take the BLF GT customs declaration survey.

M4D M4X: You can buy 8 of the button top Samsung 35E batteries (seem ideal, high mAh and good amps) for $40 when you buy your GT. No sign up required for these.
Battery details are here.

Video of Drop Test

Wow, that customs situation sounds like a real hassle. Why is it such a problem?

They can have it first, but GT have all European origins :smiley:
Idea born in France, designed in Croatia,finished in Germany, all calculations and great expertise from Netherland… and so on …

Oh man, what a project, and what a successful cooperation between people from different countries and continents…

We should all be grateful for having a chance to get this unique flashlight…

Shipping is how it is, but everyone will get their Lights delivered, and that’s the most important :sunglasses:

Ha Ha Thank You Jason, that is sort of funny that there actually aren’t any references that I could find as to the confirmed or final decision as to the size of the MCPCB
Thanks for the answer though,

Stopped by a gas station tonight after work and wooed all the people there with the GT. A few took out their cell phones and started filming. One guy said he was going to get on the list to order one.

I would measure mine, but I cant get the darn head off the body. It’s on there too tight.

If anyone can give an accurate size, let us know. Also let us know how small a mcpcb can fit. I think it was said a 32mm will fit, maybe a 27mm?

I do think your close to being correct about the size, I do recall I think now that you mentioned it that TA or Dale mentioned something about Maxtoch having a MCPCB that would fit so it’s probably the 32mm board, Thank You, I hope to have one soon to measure, I knew I didn’t need more batteries but bought them anyhow,

What about first 555 for Asia ? Any news ?

them ole southern rednecks are easy to impress aint they southland! :stuck_out_tongue:
i got all the old men hanging out at the stores wanting one here too! lol !
im just 2 states up from ya you know :smiley:

What news that is known was posted.

Nope.

Not too many shipped over Christmas and New Years so I expect we will see a lot more in the next couple of weeks.

I will mention that a member in Hawaii recieved his light from the first shipment. That was a bit of a surprise. I guess usa means all of it. Lol

It’s over 44mm roughly 44.5-44.6mm from measuring mine with the board still in the head and using the inside caliper blades.

Woah. I thought TA made a typo when he said it was 45mm after he said earlier it was 35mm. So that’s really big. What do you think a minimum size would be? Would that 32mm Maxtoch mcpcb, modded to 12v, fit?

I don’t think anybody sells mcpcb for xhp35, 50 and 70 in such a large size.

20mm board looks like a toy

That’s why I’m going a different route with the 70.2, 2S2P 6v. Rather have 20amps pushing the 70.2, not like the GT will ever be a go to light, merely a novelty!