[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Thank you :smiley:

Do you maybe know if LT will focus first on ~200 unshipped FL from first group of 555 FL?

Did LT maybe get list of users wanted to change to DHL?

Props to TA and to Lumintop. :+1:

A Big +2

Thank you

• Lumintop
  • Texas Ace

Thanks TA For your cooperation with LT for us! I hope so for a possitive message soon that my light will be sent soon!

Good effort TA! I hope that in the longterm you get a bit more out of all your time, patience and skillful communication than just a few compliments and +1’s in this thread.
But for now a big :+1:

Sorry, it is too late for the group buy through BLF. :weary: Once all of the group buy lights ship Lumintop will be selling these to the general public. :partying_face:

Look at the post from M4D M4X. I believe he will have the GTs at a discount.

Thanks TA. :beer:

If you order is affected then you should get a message from Neal requesting extra payment for shipping. If you do not get this message then assume your order is not effected.

If you live in one of the country’s listed and have not get a message, then you can send Neal a message to get more details.

I have not heard from Neal all week, so I can’t say much more then that. I am thinking he is already gone for china New year.

Sorry, the GB is closed. You can find a few that have been listed in the for sale section though and they will be for sale publicly once this GB is over.

Yes, last I heard they will be trying to ship them in order for the remaining orders.

I asked them about switching to DHL but they never responded to that question.

As ever good work from TA and Lumintop. I hope shipments will start from now, with the right invoice.

Thanks TA. You’re a wise and principled man

Let me add my thanks to everyone involved in the group buy. My flashaholic friend, after seeing my BLF GT in operation, said it was the closest thing to a Star Wars light saber he had ever seen.

Thanks again, guys! Bravo Zulu!

Thanks TA for all your help and support.
I am ok with any kind of shipping at this point, but even if they put them on a slow ship, having some tracking number is essential for me.
In absent of Neal I really hope Lumintop will provide them for next batch of registered or whatever they choose for people affected with high price DHL like me.

I told them that people need the tracking numbers and they need to send them but got no response yet.

I get the feeling that Neal has all the email and contact information while Lumintop just has the addressed and shipping information.

Thanks TA for this good news and thank you LuminTOP :THUMBS-UP:

Cheers! :BEER:

Thanks for the team and thanks for Lumintop!

Lumintop showed that he is a good company, thanks to Texas for a good job. Thx Lumintop.

If you want something lightsaber-ish, try a well-optimized aspheric lens light. All hotspot with virtually no spill.

Here are some shots of my modded Jax Z1’s beam:

The GT definitely has much higher lux and lumens, but it also has a wider donut-shaped beam up close and it has a spill area around the beam. Smaller zoomies tend to work better as lightsabers.

Or you could just get a lightsaber. That works too.

Oh Thanks A Lot TK! Now I have this crazy scheme in mind to use my GT as a host for the 7” condenser lens that’s been sitting here beside me forever, I’ve even got a Canon aspheric out of a wide angle lens as a pre-focus optic so the large condenser’s focus point is a more realistic length. Won’t be able to sleep now til I figure out how to go about machining a focusing tube to hold the big lens and an adapter to hold the pre-focus lens into the GT’s pill….

Edit: Some preliminary testing shows the hot spot in stock form about 10” in diameter at ~25’ away. With both lenses I have, the square die shown is about 6” at that 25’ distance. With just the large lens it’s a little less than 2”! I’ll have to have the large lens 18” away from the XHP-35 if I use it singly though… or about $140 for a section of aluminum tube to allow it to work. (plus one or two 12”x12” flat sheet at 1/2” thick to allow me to join everything up, at $30 each. Can get expensive fast huh?)

Edit II: A pic of the result as shone across the room. The longer distance only the hot spot showed in the picture and gave no reference to size…

The canvas on the wall of my boy when he was younger is 20” x 24”, the hot spot this close is much smaller than the camera shows here. :wink: