[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Thank you! :blush:

Old post, but I'm curious. Am I mis-understanding what a BF09 is? Is it a typo? No hits on google.

I would guess that he’s talking about the Niwalker BK-FA09S.

Yes I thought so too

Yep, those are the Niwalker BK-FA09S specs on throw. Yet another small, low end thrower

Tom hated the idea
But I hate seeing such nice guys spend money on parts when I ask them to help even more :wink:

so I ask for small donations to help me, this is my question from my feeling of doing wrong to the super friendly people who so generous help. Now seeing the costs rise with the GT and knowing I want to do more projects.

Sign me up for one, please.

Sign me up for one please.

yes will update the list soon!

Meanie! Its the best I’ve got at the moment until someone makes this monster thrower!

Sign me too please

I’m in for at least one.

Will update the list later :wink:

And a little update
The area around the driver cavity needs a little adaptation
The 46mm for driver widened to 46,2
The cavity itself is going to be deepened and to not compromise the shelf an extra cooling fin will be added giving an elegant and natural elongation of that part
The inner diameter of the driver cavity is going to be smaller with 2mm giving the driver a wider shelf to rest on, aiding in cooling.
Because of the extra fin there will be more space above the tripod hole so more tripods fit.

Driver PCB at its second iteration, DEL is about to order all the parts and boards from oshpark so he can make a benchpowered proto V1.

Sign me up too pls. Thanks.

Sounds great! Also like the sound of starting the Q16 project.

Q16?

Yeah future thing, mentioned here:

At start Q8 it seemed nice to do a 26650 version bit I kind of forgot about it since a little scaled up version would not bring that much new to the table but with 2S to feed 12V LEDs it is indeed very interesting :slight_smile:

My preference would be the Q4 first.
(A shrunken version of the Q8 running on 14500’s.)

Yes Q4 I want to kick off as soon as Q8 is in peoples hands and GT driver design is more or less done.

+1 :+1: … That would be a sure winner. :slight_smile: