[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

This images is not real!!! Photoshop mod!!!

This images is not real!!! Photoshop mod!!

Figured you had it covered, but the anxious flasholic in me forced me to post that suggestion. Thank you :)

I was reading on the Q8 thread about ideas for a possible Q16, Q4 and Q2 and it got me thinking. I have an Acebeam T21vn that I run exclusively on two 18350’s. The 500k lux output is amazing, but I hate the tail clicky on/off with a forward switch for changing levels. My dream pocket thrower would be the same or similar reflector with a Q8 style battery tube that uses three or four 26350’s or even four 18350’s. We should be able to keep this light under six inches in length making it easy to throw in a jacket pocket as a back-up light to see what is lurking in the shadows beyond the reach of my Q8 or other trail light.

Does this sound interesting to anyone else? I am excited to get my hands on Giggles so I can get out spotting deer in the fields this fall. But she is a special purpose light that will be too big to carry along on my ordinary nocturnal excursions. But a thrower with some reach that I can easily throw in a pocket would accompany me every night out for sure.

Here is another one! Or maybe that person is a midget :person_facepalming:

MARK FOR NEW CORE LIST

There is a topic here:

for future projects :slight_smile:

OK now I am going to find a place for the new core list, leaving the old one in the OP and the sorted list that is used for the PM sending will also not change before we have filled the 555 slots, then it can all be updated and PMs for the $150 group be send.

SO two lists in the OP
first the old core list, the one used to send out the PMs after Mr.Scott had sorted it.
This will stay there till we ove over to the PMs for $150

below that the new core list. If you want to know if your request to be removed or added is done, the answer is in that list.

Well that’s unfortunate. So, just wait for a PM to find out where you stand. Alright, no need to check the thread anymore.

Probably explained it wrong

We have the list (first list in OP) that Mr.Scott used to order for the PM sending (list post 3)
There is a new core list making sure new additions are added and cancellations removed for all to see and check (second list OP)
For the 555 to buy at $111 we will follow Mr.Scott list and of course new additions get a PM when it is time for the sending of the PMs for the $150 price
New additions are added last and will not make a difference yo the PMs for the $111
Yes it is waiting for the PM and when ypu get it you know if you are in the first 555

FWIW, as I understand it the GT is ~134mm across at the head, while that bag clearly shows 111mm. So, unless there is indeed a larger version, like what appears to be a very large bag that is claimed to be Photoshopped, the GT will not fit that bag with dimensions listed.

Sorry, somehow got doubled and edited and edited and I just kept talking and talking and nothing to see here folks move along. :stuck_out_tongue:

FWIW, as I understand it the GT is ~134mm across at the head, while that bag clearly shows 111mm. So, unless there is indeed a larger version, like what appears to be a very large bag that is claimed to be Photoshopped, the GT will not fit that bag with dimensions listed.

Edit: The specs show 115 inside by 240 long…. TA has stated 134mm diameter and 315mm long.

Edit II: The Caden Extra Large that Alex GT linked to should actually hold it, with stated dimensions of “CADeN extra large lens pouch has a inner size of 34.3 * 14 * 14cm”. And yes, that’s the one that looks gigantic on the girls back and in her hands. $20, seems like a good deal….

If I’m providing my own cells, would you recommend 30Qs or GAs?

Since virtually any cell will provide the necessary current draw, go with the most capacity you can find at the least price. :wink:

LG MJ1 is viable, as is the GA, really though just find the best deal on capacity cells and run with it. :wink: (Button tops will fit more snugly, flat tops will need to be adapted or the carrier’s will have to be altered by removing the insulation disc)

Either will work perfectly fine.

I am a big fan of GA’s in real world use, I find they generally work great.

Either will work with pros/cons, but we won't know the details how each cell type performs until the GT gets the updates applied, and hopefully we'll get a new prototype/pre-production unit to test.

Tradeoff's are GA's will get longer runtime but have higher resistance, so may not hold high output for as long as 30Q's will.

Tom, do you really think a sub 2A pull will have such things making a noticeable difference? Not being cynical, wondering myself which cells would be most ideal… was thinking 30Q’s but those may be overkill for such a small drain light. I’ve been looking around at IMR and LiIon Wholesale and they have some good sales going on, makes it harder to know which 8 would be best. lol

Well, it's a buck driver, but, the Vf on the XHP35 HI's is higher than we thought, so even on good cells, the prototypes were not staying within regulation very long on only 4 cells. Poorer cells would not regulate at all. We are gonna have them make mods to reduce resistance so we should see better performance - longer time in regulation, but the cell resistance will have an impact on this. It's 4S into a 12+V LED, so not much head room of voltage. Also using 8 cells will help, as opposed to 4 cells.

In MrsDNF's review, he initially posted an output curve not regulating, shown here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/46789/69. He used high resistance cells though, and didn't make any resistance reducing mods.

Edit: Ooopsie! That was also at ~2.5A, but we are gonna max out ramping at 2A. I think dbl click turbo will still be at 2.5A though.

Also see his posts #101 and 102 in his review thread.

With this low amp draw I’d say the higher the mAh the better

Liion Wholesale has button top Samsung 30Q’s for $5.09 each. Just saying…

(Hurry! Only 438 left! :wink: )

You can’t really count on Steve’s results though as he had the oddity of a single carrier tube.

Sure, we can run a single carrier with 4 cells, but it’s designed around 8 cells so why not fill it up for maximum efficiencies and run times? Count on Steve’s results if you want to cripple it with only 4 cells.

I may be remembering incorrectly, as is many times the case for me, but I’ve run an XHP-35 at 3.11A and I think it was making 13.7Vf at the emitter. That would mean it would drop out of regulation when the cells fall to around 3.45V. I’ll try to find notes or re-measure that light… (might not still have that light, but I know my Shooter 2X is doing 2.89A so I can measure that one either way)