[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

what would you think a light of this caliber should run on? a few double AA ’s ?
maybe a few CR 123’s ?
should it weigh a 1/2 pound or less too ?
man , some people want it all :person_facepalming:

I imagine some people just don’t want to mess with 8 or even 4 cells. Everyone has their preferences. I’m sure most can at least see the incredible value of the GT.

I’ve got 8x 30Q cells sitting here all cold, sad, and lonely just waiting to power up a beast and light some distance shorelines on fire with concentrated luminosity. :slight_smile:

I’m in. This is the proper place to post to enter the list correct? I am new to BLF.

Yep, you’re good. Welcome to BLF!

Please add me to the list

Hi All, I am newly registered here and hope I am doing this right. By saying “please add me to the list” I think that means to add me to the list of people wanting a BLF-GT.

Don’t know why sparkyDK wouldn’t want to mess with 4* 18650 as he already has 2 sets of 18650 (sony VTC6 + LG HG2) for his Q8. He could just use one for the GT. Problem solved. :smiley:
But anyway, he has his own reasons.

Welcome to BLF, two new members.
Yes it is good and you’ll be added to the list next update.

Four parallel ia different from series, when I started here I didn’t want any series lights (now having 10 :person_facepalming:

:smiley:

Pretty sure that’s what sparky was worried about, 4 cells in series backed by 4 more in series. The series use requires us to keep a closer eye on the cells voltage and character, if one cell get’s out of balance with the others we need to take appropriate action, that can make some folks stand offish.

I have so many lights I wouldn’t be bothered by breaking up a married set of 4 and dispersing them to single cell lights, acquiring a new married set. That said, I too have 8 new button top 30Q’s, 4 new VTC5A, and HE-4’s on the way. (found a deal on the HE-4’s and couldn’t resist, less than $4 each, so I kindahadta.)

One is none, two is one.

This is exactly how I plan on doing it from now on
Buy in 4 and use them in the lights that need that need four first

Miller, that’s the sole reason I chose Samsung 30Q’s, they work so well in my single and double cell lights. It was a Universal fit, also making it a no brainer. (the $5 each for button tops also helped)

I have yet to find a light or vaping mod that 30qs don’t work great in.

Yep, they’re today’s 20R. :slight_smile: hahahahaha

For those that haven’t been around the past 3 or 4 years, it used to be a Green wrapped Samsung 20R that was top of the heap, then the 25R took over and now it’s the pink 30Q. At any rate, Samsung cells have been amongst the top choice in 18650’s for a while now.

I still have 20R’s that work great, but the 2000mAh capacity is so behind us, once you get used to 3000mAh and more, it’s really tough to use the lesser capacity cells.

20R were 2000mAh
25R were 2500mAh
30Q are 3000mAh

Obviously less power, but I'm really liking the 35E's now - would prefer them with button top but can't find them that way. Little more capacity than the GA's and seem to charge up better.

Samsung's are a great cell. SONY's seem to be losing power quick on me after a few cycles.

Hello everyone.
I would like to be added to the list for 1

Thanks;
donnieol

hi the miller please ad me for another GT making it 2 all up :beer:

donnieol welcome to BLF!

Will update list later

There was somebody who got more lumens out of the Q8 with 35E cells, a bit unexpected but the higher capacity is very nice.

Yeah i know what else.
But i would not run it on half mast so to say with just 4 batteries, and the 8 batteries just seem so much though its not more than 2 X my Q8 for which i have 8 batteries.

I think i saw it is 16V and 4 X 26650 seem to be equally as silly to me, though that would make it longer and more bat like not least if batt tube was made very beefy, but as it dont have build in charging then i will just have to make do with the wood log i have in my car.
And as i see it 4 X 26650 will have shorter burn time than 8 X 18650
And i would have one hell of a problem installing that big light any other place than in my boot. ( looking for large bat like torch for car with build in charge )

Not dissing the GT its a awesome light-saber, maybe just too much for me to wrap my little Danish brain around, maybe a year more on this forum and i am up for the challenge.

Please add me to the list for one.