[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Excellent write up!!

Yes we plan on making a nice explanatory picture with the latest renders so all can see the project very easy.

Sounds good! Nice job, everyone.

Great write up but isn’t it a bit long winded and informal for a first approach ?

Hmm yes a shorter intro with specs would probably best as first email, then this longer for explaining a bit.
Will make that shorter text.

Count me in on this one. I have no idea why it took me so long to find this forum.

First email:

Explanatory (second) email:

Please add me to the list. Waitin is the hardest part…

Great Cover Letter and a even better follow up letter.

Thanks your work on this and other projects and a Thanks to all the other people involved :+1:

It all sounds good…. Whichever verision you go with, or end up going with; will work out well I think.
Thanks for sharing it…… :+1:

I have a question
Do i need to use dummy cell when using 1 battery carrier?

Thanks
Are there typos or very crooked grammar? If not I consider it good and next step would be translation!

No I think the carrier design would allow the use of one empty

Will update list later
Spare reflectors ok will add it to wish list but it is not a prime focus, hope you understand :wink:

Depends, if we sent it to a new company that doesn’t know blf we should include the BLF introduction paragraph. But of we send it to a company that already know us then that isn’t necessary. Or at least not as big.

While I’m certainly interested in one (although I’m still uncertain as to whether or not I would buy one), as others said having a 4s2p 18650 configuration definitely seems excessive and I know its already decided but why did you go for that design? Also why did you decide on a plastic lens, cost, shatter resistance, etc.? Is there anywhere I could buy a large enough AR coated glass lens to replace it since plastic is more prone to dulling over time?
Would you consider built in charging and having the battery pack be able to hold itself together like the Nitecore NBP68HD? Which I realize would require a BMS and a few other additional costs, but it would be nice to be able to charge all 8 batteries at once with out having to carry multiple chargers or a rather large charger and it would be nice for the battery pack to also be able to act as a powerful usb power bank since it’s going to be huge and have a high capacity.

From your experience I’m sure you have good reasons for your decisions, I’m just curious as to why.

I recommended they use a two-section tube for the option of running 4s 1p but they said it was going to “ruin the look” and “unbalance the flashlight”

I haven’t found any AR glass lenses of that size for flashlights, but you can definitely get a custom one ordered from an optics manufacturer, it will probably cost about $100-200, and close to $1000 if you want it sapphire.

The goal for this light was $100, so built in charging or custom batteries is out of the question. I highly doubt it will end up being less than 100 anyway due to the size of this thing.

Plastic lens? Missed that, though if the manufacturer wants that it could be a smart move for the exact reasons you mention (costs, shatter proof, lighter)

Again it can be used with just four cells.
Having one long tube to hold the carriers means less machining, no alignment issues, more elegant look since the tube can be thinner or does nor have a thicker section for the threads, better weight balance since the carrier furthest away from head can bd used balancing the GT better then a shorty tube.
I think it would be cool yo strive for thread compability with the Q8 though but that is more of a wish then hard demand

I’m interested, please add me to list. Cheers

I’m definitely interested in a new thrower. Please add me.

Welcome to BLF!
Will update list later :wink: