[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Even I had this doubt, thank you for clearing.

Miller wrote the first prototype COULD be made this month, so it does not necessarily have to take a year.

:+1: … Exactly. …. this one could possibly happen sooner rather than later.

Hopefully it will, but the key words are “could possibly”. :slight_smile:

In the end the only sure thing is…. It will be done when it is done. :smiley:

Can’t wait to see a prototype :partying_face:

Me either. Think I’m going to save funds for a while and just do some mods I been planning in hopes of actually having PayPal funds available lol.

That is unless something that’s too good to pass up on shows up, which seems to happen often lately

Im down for one if there is room. Cool white. Or on a second list.
Thanks, doug

Yeah really hope to see pics of a proto soon :wink:

Clever to mod while waiting, me, busy watering bamboo and trees, no joke, it is scorching hot and river is almost dry, extremely early so new bamboo grows, taking water up in the nodes, leaving not enough for the older bamboo that started to lose leaves.
River is so dry it stops a couple of hinder meters downstream, 300-400 liter per second is all.
I take 120liter per second have pumped roughly 160,000 liters last four days
But saved all the young almond Apple pear peach and fig trees, bamboo is saved and even some really big trees look much better. Heck heavy relocating the 50m hose but totally worth it
First moment below 20°C now in the shade but in two hours it will feel like 30°C and around 11 o’clock it will be 35°C again feeling like 45°C in the sun.
So I am running around doing as much as possible now that activity doesn’t mean becoming wet with sweat in a few minutes, yay!

Oh oops yes will update list later, but NW is the idea not CW :wink:

I would like to be added to the list for one of the GT.

Thanks.

Yow. And I feel bad for using 3 liters per minute in the shower. Granted, I lose track of time in there. I think my shower was constructed from the ruins of an old TARDIS. But still. 160,000 liters is a lot.

It got hot enough yesterday that planes couldn’t fly because the air wasn’t dense enough. Apparently the threshold for that is 47 C, and it got up to 48 C.

I spent the day hiding inside with the windows covered. It’s kind of tradition for me on summer solstice. But winter solstice? That’s party time. If the GT is out by then, you can bet it’ll be the star of the party. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

can i have my name put on the list for one GT please? Not sure if i would buy one but really interested nonetheless, and if it is at least two or three months away then the time is perfect :slight_smile: Since my wallet just got dented by the Haikelite MT07 and Haikelite MT02, cant have too many lights right.

:open_mouth::open_mouth: … 48 C = 118.4 F !! Where are you located TK? (general, not specific. :slight_smile: )
I’d be hiding inside too…. :smiley:

Yep, rizky_p will do!

TK, at our location it is a bit strange.
The river flows around our two small islands and about downstream it vanishes, really. The vanishing point is depending on water level, and gets closer with lower levels.
But at the other bank about halfway our bamboo island the city of La Rochefoucauld dumps the cleaned water in the river
When the river is dry from that dumping pipe to about 75 meters downstream there still is water, but cleaned used water. I dont like to use that so set the pump so that I am sure only to take riverwater
And the rivers is dry before it reaches the first farm downstream now. So I dont hinder anybody and let enough pass for the fish to swim. I would not used communal drinking water in these amounts of course :wink: there is no energy used to get the river water how it is.
And judging by the river life like shellfish, frogs and fish it is pretty clean.

Can you cont me in? this looks like a very nice project

I was wondering why the planes couldn’t fly at those temps TK. Thinner air makes sense. They didn’t elaborate, so I thought it was something mechanical. I guess it sort of is, just not what I had in mind.

I’m betting you’re in the SW. (I haven’t looked up your coordinates if that’s what they are) I might be able to narrow it down based on the temp’ comment and available jetports, but that’s close enough.

Water, gotta have it, obviously.

And this year we have too much water; so far. Not wildly too much, just enough to keep us inside and out of it. But Maine is generally well watered. Of course give us a few months with decreased rain or w/o rain and folks with wells that aren’t very good to start with will run out. We ran out once when we used a spring with well tiles. Then we drilled our deep well and I can supply the entire hill if I had a mind to. When we hit the vein it sounded like a train as it filled the bore hole. The driller couldn’t even figure out the delivery rate it was so much, so he just made up a number and told me that I have at least that much delivery. I can only pump 5 gallons a minute anyway. When local folks wells run dry they come down here and I fill their drums. It’s really good water too; cool, soft, and delicious. Makes good beer too, except I need to add minerals to make it hard for that. But Maine is noted for the quality of it’s water.

:smiley: … Not exactly what they are, but you should look up anyway. I did several months ago out of curiosity… it made my day when I saw where it was. :slight_smile:
EDIT: It is literally out of this world. :smiley::wink:

Wow, that sounds good Brian. Water like that is priceless! :+1:

I’m not sure where Toykeeper lives, but the plane groundings occurred in Phoenix, Arizona where temps hit 120 degrees F. Apparently small planes and commercial commuter planes have high ambient temp operating ratings at about 117-118 degrees F. The large commercial planes could still fly as they were rated at 126-128. The thinner air requires planes to have a longer take off area.

Palm Springs, CA, closer to where I live, hit 123 F a couple days ago.

Yeah I learned something on this one. I had no idea planes could not fly when the temp reached a certain upper limit. Well, “maybe they ‘could’ fly, I don’t know…… but I guess the key is FLY SAFELY .

It would be a bad day if a passenger plane ran out of runway on take off or fell out of the air because it could not sustain lift. It would be a huge xx_Black Mark_xx for whoever made the call to go…… aside from a bunch of injured or dead people too. :frowning:
——————————————-
@ heatwaves …. In the places you mention with those extreme temperatures, what is the humidity like? Is it super high like here in Alabama??
If it is, I just cannot imagine functioning in that. :open_mouth: … :weary: :weary:

Several years back I can remember one summer on the coast where the real temp was between 101 & 109 F for about 20 days straight best I remember. The humidity was 95% or above each day to. It was outright awful. Going to work each morning I would step outside & before I could lock the door behind me I would be soaking wet with sweat.

I just ran the AC in the house enough to barely cool it a bit, so when I did go out there was not the drastic change to adapt to also.

Thank GOD I was running my boat all day & had a constant breeze…. but it was bad.

In the places you mentioned the temp is brutal enough, but if there is high humidity also……… it would be time to head for a tall mountain top in the Rockies & find a mountain lake to cool off in. :smiley:

please add me to the list………….

I’ll let someone from there tell you.

Teacher I worked in a paper mill and they have yet to design one that works cold. During the summer I had to go into places that were easily over 120°F with high humidity. There were days when the operating floor was 115°. One does get accustomed to it, but until that point it’s draining. It would drive the wife nuts. I’d be sitting home, 90° inside and the A/C off. I’d be comfortable, she’d be sweating and VERY uncomfortable. I’d turn the A/C on and wear a shirt to keep warm.

Before that though I worked in an A/Ced lab and one year we had weather that is very easy to remember… 100°F with 100% humidity. I tried to work outside on my days off and after 10 minutes I had to stop and go inside to cool and dry off. I was sweating but it was having no effect. We had a dog die in that weather, but that’s definitely not typical Maine weather. Typical is more like today, low humidity and 70s to 80. Good for the lake or the ocean but if not there not at all uncomfortable inland.