[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

wow, thats heavier than i thought it would be
4.5 pounds or so loaded with batteries
heres what my tn42 weighs with batteries, just a tick under 2 lbs

miller will add you when he sees this new lumen :+1:

And a beautiful beamshot & host they are too.
I especially like the ‘soft grip’ battery tube complete with green tailcap. :wink:

LOL…fine looking beamshot!

This is the closest you are going to get to an actual beamshot… :smiley:

This is with a CW emitter

Wow, it’s so cool that I can’t even see the image!

Yeah anf when time is due you get a personal message with way to order it.

It is huge and heavy for sure

I’m guessing it is so bright, BLF or our browsers simply can’t show it without damaging pixels :smiley:

Please add me to the list!

Thanks

MARK
list updated

Put me on the list too please

Please add me to the list!

Thanks

The hotspot brightness should be roughly 8-10 times brighter then looking at the sun at noon.

WUT! Really, wow that sounds dangerous

Will update list later (I try to do it right after a new page for the MARK post, easy to find and pick it up the following update

Wow!!! :+1:

Yeah, the sun generally ranges between 50k-100kcd from the numbers I have seen (and a few tests of my own).

Seeing as this light should reach 1Mcd, that is around 10x brighter then the sun in the hotspot. So yes, that statement is backed up up by facts for anyone interested.

I would not recommend pointing this light in your eyes.

I’d like to be on the list.

100Mcd? I think you got something mixed up there ;).
The light will be in the range of 1,000,000cd = 1Mcd. Since this equals to lux measured at 1m the light will theoretically have 10x the luminous intensity of the sun at 1m distance. In practise this doesn’t quite work because the beam is not completely formed at such a short distance.

Another big difference between the light an the sun: the light is only comparable at really short distances. Because the sun is so far away the luminous intensity is basically the same everywhere here on the ground (ignoring the atmosphere and other addiitonal factors etc.).

yes, 1mcd, my bad.

True it is not an exact comparison with the sun but it is a viable number. In the real world it would still be several times brighter then the sun at close ranges.