[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Huh, the pics showing for me? Probably because I hotlinked it from another forum... I'll fix it a bit later

Yes, that forum requires the viewer to have an account and be logged in to view attachments. The image appears only as an invitation to join a vaping forum.

Ish. If it was over a million candelas at an actual distance of one meter, it would probably need to be classified as a laser. But with the wide reflector, it’s more like 10,000 cd at a distance of 10 m, which can be extrapolated back to 1,000,000 cd at 1 m. At one meter I’m guessing this light’s beam might look more like a donut with a halo.

Of course, you know all this. And the sun is a good comparison. I almost posted kinda the same thing earlier, only with a picture of the sun as a “beam shot”. :smiley:

Makes me curious what the actual lux will be at 1m, I could see it being 300-500kcd even at 1m, although admittedly I am not an expert in high end throwers.

At 100Mcd wouldn’t it be a weapon :smiley:

Hey, whatever, it’s still going to be nice to have a handheld fusion reactor.

Add me please, thanks :slight_smile:

Don’t mistake hotspot intensity with output.

This light has the output of just 2 BLF-A6 lights, while being a whopping 9 times as heavy as those 2 BLF-A6 lights together. With the 8 18650 batteries it will have a massive runtime and the size makes for great heatsinking, but the output is completely underwhelming for a light of this size.

It is the hotspot brightness that is what this light is about, a small hotspot but brighter than anything currently for sale in stock form.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah, like that AlexGT!

Only at 1 meter.
At 3m it would be about the same, farther than that and it just gets worse and worse.

If only my arms were much longer so shining in eyes won’t be blinding :slight_smile:

Oh and also I should mention that the hotspot brightness would not be comparable to looking at the sun at noon.

The hotspot brightness is comparable to the sunlight shining down at noon and hitting an object.
Looking INTO the flashlight is what would be comparable to looking at the sun, which is the source of the light.

Looking at the source is very different from looking at the projected light from the source.

You guys are amazing. This is an unbelievable project.

Please add my name to the list.

Enderman, Knight of the Pedantry, you would fit right in at my Round Table. We get together on Tuesdays to geek out over coffee and save the world, and every November we organize a huge wordgasm.

I think people probably understood the message though, even without the clarification. :slight_smile:

(she says, painfully aware of the message she posted earlier with no less than four “actually”s and three “but”s, which she went back to edit out later) :blush:

few more comp pics for fun
the reflector itsself on this thing is almost dead on , to what a cd disk measures!
next time you have a cd handy , its pretty shocking how big its actually going to be :wink:
quick google search says its same as the average canaloupe

Add me to the List Please—Will there be an Tint choice

Put me down for one also!

You can have any tint you want, as long as it’s neutral white. :slight_smile:

Thanks… size doesn’t matter…lol. I have light that weight 1.515 kg… I can’t wait to try the big 2 kg light…