[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

So, Lens is plastic or Glass?

DHL in double charging scam

…………………………
I would have been a victim,but did not pay because I told them that I was going to get in touch with their head office in Germany to confirm that the charges were legit.
I live in Europe.

As always
It is done when it is done
Here is the crude overview of steps needed

1 three prototypes need thorough checking

2 things found in 1 debated

3 things from 2 worked on by LT

4 if it seems OK LT sends out seven prototypes or samples for scrutiny
4a in case of any doubts 1 or 2 prototypes are send to us
4b, repeat 2 and 3

5 the team decides if they are prototypes or samples
5a still no good? Repeat 2,3 and 4 (unlikely but still)

6 whole team declares samples and GO is given

7 LT prepares the GTs and people start ordering.

That is it.

Guys this probably already been discussed but I couldn’t see it in the first few posts. Where or whom will the group buy be through? Is Lumintop selling through Banggood or another site?

Pretty sure it is direct from lumintop.
Was a stainless bezel mentioned for this light, or am I thinking of something else?

I also asked this, and the answer was it would bring the price up and was not considered in this GB, I personally would love to see one as an aftermarket part later on along with the 4 x 18650 carrier that Neal agreed to discuss later…

Yes directly through LT.

No, there sure are nice looking renders with a SS bezel but that was not in the specs.
Could be something LT decides afterwards to add value though, or aftermarket product for people to order if they make it maybe maybe up to them :wink: Not for the BLF GT lights.

Edit, heheh Alex right on!

Is it possible for two packages?Because here things have changed and they keep strict rules.

Thanks TM Lumintop is really taken the ball and ran with it. I can’t wait to how long the beautiful little triple fw3a takes until it’s ready to go. Lumintop is not messing around, I guess if they get on board with something they devote serious resources to make it happen. I am very happy with their involvement here. Thanks gt team!

If they’re going to ship the light with batteries in it, will they use some kind of plastic disc to prevent the light from accidentally turning on?

I do think that would be the way to go yes (or an extra non conductive packaging around the cells)

@TA (or anyone else who can answer this)

Will the driver be able to buck all the way down to a 9V LED array? (Thinking ahead to possible next gen LEDs)

I’m so excited!

With some component changes it can go all the way down to a 3V LED. the limit is the current. 5A would be the max (without other component changes), with 4A being a better number for most as the max.

4A is enough to basically max out an XHP70 @ 12V and that should only require a sense resistor change although I plan to try this personally.

Agro it is the “WOW’ factor and knowing you own one of the longest throwers. Also I know some hunters that will use it for long range game spotting. :slight_smile:

That's great! 8^) My thoughts are that if by some chance these new NX/XD series LEDs from Cree turn out to be functional for us that a 3x3 densely packed array (3S3P) would give similar throw with a larger hotspot and more lumens. There'd probably be artifacts but none that effect centerbeam throw. The driver might run out of power before max luminance though.. A 2x2 array would surely have a crosshair/donut so no point there.. IDK I'm just thinking outloud

Thank you for the concern. Lol. How long it normally take to delivered with the light and battery?? Let’s say to USA…

I ordered just batteries from the hk and it’s still stuck in the over sea. It was shipped on July 4th…

OK must be the renders that I remembered
I would love to see them offer up aftermarket parts post sale at some point. Not many brands do, and I really like being able to make my lights how I want them. I would buy both a 4x tube and SS bezel if offered

Newlumen, this is being shipped DHL. It will be the same time with batteries or without. :slight_smile:

Yes I don’t think it should take longer with cells inside.